Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

American Classic Motors - Kuryakyn - Problems??

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 10:32 AM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member
Received 286 Likes on 217 Posts
Default American Classic Motors - Kuryakyn - Problems??

Anyone have issues with American Classic Motors? I bought a Kuryakyn light bar from them on ebay, and one of the tabs on the lens bezel broke. I called Kuryakyn, and they said They would replace it under warranty, but I had to contact American Classic for the claim.

I have called them numerous times, always have to leave a messages, and sent them numerous emails, and never get a response. I don't understand, Kuryakyn is picking up the tab, so why they wont get back to me is a mystery.

I glued the tab back on and it held up until yesterday. When out riding, the lens bezel with the broken tab fell off. I bit the bullet and ordered a new set of bezels, and they were only $30, but it still makes me mad.

I have purchased many Items from American Classic and always received them in a timely fashion, but this is the first time I needed something after the sale, and they really dropped the ball. I wont be buying ANYTHING from them ever again!

Last edited by steelerdude1; 08-28-2011 at 10:52 AM.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:24 AM
ocezam
Road Master
Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts

The 'net is full of customer complaints on American Classic Motors. I've bought from them a few times when the price was too good to pass up, and so far everything's worked out.

Your not alone. Good luck.

Old 08-28-2011, 12:17 PM
omgtkk
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's typical of American Classic Motors. Everything is fine until you have a problem with them. Then they couldn't give a chit about you. Just my opinion, but customer service is graded on how well a company handles a problem, and ACM always seems to fall flat on it's face. If you want a good laugh, go on Ebay and read some of the negative feedback they left for customers that complained about them. Complete disrespect for their customer base. Good luck with your claim.

Old 08-28-2011, 12:33 PM
ironman2011
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have heard that they buy seconds and sell them on Ebay as good product. I can't confirm or deny that. I bought some J&M speakers off of Ebay through them and they work fine. A buddy and I rode out there one day to see all the awesome Street Glide "CVO Killers" they supposedly had. They had one tucked in a corner and that was the highlight of the visit. Lotta hype, not much else. To look at the place, they are making all their money from the internet. Wasn't impressed.

Old 08-28-2011, 01:09 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I've always heard both good and bad about ACM. Enough to scare me away and I've never bought from them.

Old 08-28-2011, 01:17 PM
AlanStansbery
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I've bought from them, and had some issues getting CS, too. My guess is that those prices reflect the fact they're short-handed, i.e., the overhead of hiring sufficient man-power to answer the phones/e-mails is lacking.

If you're willing to pay more, then by all means shop elsewhere. That's what I wound up doing. If initial price is all that matters, and you're willing to take a chance you won't need follow-up, you can't beat their prices.

Alan

Old 08-28-2011, 02:43 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,371 Likes on 2,543 Posts

Originally Posted by omgtkk
That's typical of American Classic Motors. Everything is fine until you have a problem with them. Then they couldn't give a chit about you. Just my opinion, but customer service is graded on how well a company handles a problem, and ACM always seems to fall flat on it's face. If you want a good laugh, go on Ebay and read some of the negative feedback they left for customers that complained about them. Complete disrespect for their customer base. Good luck with your claim.
they aren't as bad as they used to be, i couldn't see where they've called anyone a 'terrorist' lately, but:

Originally Posted by ACM
HAVE YOU ALWAYS BEEN AN IGNORANT MORON THAT CAN'T READ & JUST LOOKS AT PICTURES?

PATHETIC WANNA BE BIKER - ONLINE TOUGH GUY- TRY INTERNET DATING & CHILL OUT

THIS GUY IS BRIGHT ENOUGH TO DISASSEMBLE A OREO COOKIE MUCH LESS BUILD A BIKE

IGNORANT MORON! TAKE YOUR BIKE TO A SHOP IF YOU ARE UNSKILLED! MORON!!!!!!!!!!!

(looks like i spoke too soon )SELLERS BEWARE! ABUSIVE TERRORIST USES FEEDBACK AS LEVERAGE! SCAMMER! FRAUD!!!!!
sure, if you want cheap parts and are willing to take a chance, you might get lucky. but if there is any kind of hiccup in the deal, watch out.

Old 08-28-2011, 03:52 PM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did they change their name from ChopperstuffInc?
http://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs...rn=Received+by