Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear ended, 2010 s/g

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 05:06 PM
pscyclepath
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rear ended, 2010 s/g

Had to happen sooner or later I guess.
She clipped me good. Damage at 11k so far.
I'm O.K though. Sprained ankle and hit my lower back really hard. Also road
rash on my butt and right elbow.I'm lucky to be alive.
Cager was cited for speeding.
I guess they don't total newer bikes very easily.
Needs whole rear end,seat, fairing (inside and out) crash bar,header and muff. Frame to be determined.
So bike down for at least 2 months and I'm PO'd.
Have pics and will try to get them up somewhere.
god bless you all and please b careful
One grateful man,
Pscyclepath

Old 08-27-2011, 05:09 PM
Purplesky
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to hear you are ok.
Hopefully her insurance will help ease your pain.

Old 08-27-2011, 05:17 PM
Fatboy Brian
Grand HDF Member
Received 467 Likes on 192 Posts

Her insurance should pay you for a rental bike until yours is fixed.

Old 08-27-2011, 05:18 PM
1HarleyGuy1
Tourer

I'm glad that you're well enough to post your message!!! Some people have a hard time seeing an 800 pound motorcycle with lights all over it!!!!!!! Unbelievable.
Heal up, get the scoot fixed and ride on.

1HarleyGuy1

Old 08-27-2011, 05:24 PM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Well, if his rear lighting is stock, there's not much back there to be seen....One on either side of the plate frame and four LED's in the lower fender......Guys with the 2010 & Up SG's should really consider adding more lighting to the back of their bikes but that's only opinion...

Old 08-27-2011, 05:25 PM
jmacdonald5
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

...glad your ok..now for some ins. talk from and adjuster...was the bike appraised at a repair shop? and if so, did the shop write up the estimate and hand it to the appraiser?, or is the appraiser the only one who has looked at the wreck yet. If the bike has NOT been to a repair shop yet, or if it is at a shop, if the SHOP has not assesed the damage itself yet...then expect it to probably be totaled . The shop labor rates, and the hidden damage that they will find, will push your numbers closer to $15,000 in damage easily, and that number, along with the salvage value of the bike($3-5K)...will result in a total....just an opinion, it's not etched in stone...but if the first bite at the apple is $11k damage...then it don't look repairable..

Old 08-27-2011, 05:33 PM
pscyclepath
Cruiser

had radiants LED's back there. they are plenty bright ,She said she wasn't looking at all.
I agree on the stock lighting though

Old 08-27-2011, 05:37 PM
pscyclepath
Cruiser

Originally Posted by jmacdonald5
...glad your ok..now for some ins. talk from and adjuster...was the bike appraised at a repair shop? and if so, did the shop write up the estimate and hand it to the appraiser?, or is the appraiser the only one who has looked at the wreck yet. If the bike has NOT been to a repair shop yet, or if it is at a shop, if the SHOP has not assesed the damage itself yet...then expect it to probably be totaled . The shop labor rates, and the hidden damage that they will find, will push your numbers closer to $15,000 in damage easily, and that number, along with the salvage value of the bike($3-5K)...will result in a total....just an opinion, it's not etched in stone...but if the first bite at the apple is $11k damage...then it don't look repairable..
Thats an Indy shop,said they would have the frame checked so who knows.
I'm out of my depth here. Thnx for reply

Old 08-27-2011, 05:50 PM
jmacdonald5
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

..one thing to keep in mind..a lot of shops...especially Indy's..will try anything to "save the job"...can't really blame them...if it's totaled, they don't get a paycheck out of it..so what can happen is that a shop will "underwrite" the damage sometimes, then take shortcuts to keep the repair cost at, or below, what the appraiser tells him is the cut-off point. This can cut both ways..sometimes if a person is underwater on the bike, it saves their ***, cause if it's totaled they may owe thousands over the settlement depending on the equity in the bike, but it can also result in shoddy work, and repairs to frames that should have been replaced...make sure you know where you stand in all this...NADA shows your bike to be at $20,000 high-retail, which is kind of INSANE if you ask me...but if they want to give you that on a total loss...I'd take it in a heartbeat..

Old 08-27-2011, 05:57 PM
pscyclepath
Cruiser

Thnx for heads up,
This indy shop is a long time family friend(brother used to own it).
ins company said frame looked fine but he told them he don't operate that way so....
Frame to be stripped and checked. If found bad then total loss.I trust these guys 100 percent. Thnx for reply

Quick Reply: Rear ended, 2010 s/g