Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock ECU map question

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 06:44 PM
60wt
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Stock ECU map question

Just curious...Is a stock ECU fuel map the same for both front and rear cylinders......for instance a Power commander has the " basic " map ' both cyls same fuel value' then theres the advanced map....' different values for each cyl'.... for the particular intake and exhaust combo..wondering if Harley sets up the "basic" map or "advanced" map..

Old 08-26-2011, 07:06 PM
kyleplusitunes
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know nothing about engines, and i know nothing about ECU mapping, but I assume that changing each cylinder might be used because they don't fire at the same time like they do on cars

Old 08-26-2011, 07:36 PM
whiskyls1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kyleplusitunes
i know nothing about engines, and i know nothing about ECU mapping, but I assume that changing each cylinder might be used because they don't fire at the same time like they do on cars
Wow!!

Old 08-26-2011, 07:38 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 219 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by whiskyls1
Wow!!
I'm with you there.

Old 08-26-2011, 07:41 PM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by harleytuner
I'm with you there.
Yeah, Me too!

Old 08-26-2011, 07:47 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 219 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by 60wt
Just curious...Is a stock ECU fuel map the same for both front and rear cylinders......for instance a Power commander has the " basic " map ' both cyls same fuel value' then theres the advanced map....' different values for each cyl'.... for the particular intake and exhaust combo..wondering if Harley sets up the "basic" map or "advanced" map..
Each cylinder is tuned independantly from Harley (stock). Power Commanders still uses the stock MAP (except the PC Vision), if you have your PC MAP set to all zeros, it would be running the stock MAP, any positive number in the would be adding fuel and any negative number would be taking away fuel, since both cylinders were set up (tuned) and your performance upgrades effect both cylinders, most users are safe to make adjustments in Basic mode, but the tune would be alot better if each cylinder was tuned independantly. The early versions of the Power Commander didn't have advanced mode, both cylinders were always tuned together.

Old 08-26-2011, 07:49 PM
WVULTRA
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 60wt
Though the popular tuning devices can't display the stock ECM map, the SERT, SEPST, and TTS Mastertune replacement calibrations use a common AFR Table with individual VE's for each cylinder: