Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECM/SE Tuner Warranty Issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 06:33 PM
harley1005
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to all those who have replied. I took the bike back to the Dealership again and they tried tweaking it in again on the Dyno and told me it was now okay. I rode it for about 20 miles and then did some stops and goes and the miss and back fire was still there, but not as bad. Again once I get going, the bike runs fine, this only occurs when pulling off from a dead stop and after bike gets to operating temperature. The Dealership has NOT replaced the ECM as of yet, but I am taking the bike back on Wednesday. At this time they are suppose to call HD Cooperate and discuss the issue. I am going to ask them if they do not still have the down load I have before they tuned it and if they do, just put it back in.
As for a Thunder Max Tuner I would love to have one! But, since the economy has went to pot there is a cash issue here as well. I do have the Extended Warranty, so like I said, an ECM would be covered. I would just have to buy another SERT due to the covered ECM failure, if that is even what the problem is and I'm not saying it is.
Again thanks for the respnces!

Attached Thumbnails ECM/SE Tuner Warranty Issue-sgsupertrapps.jpg  
Old 09-06-2011, 10:05 AM
harley1005
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Up Date

The Dealership put my SG back on the Dyno for the 3rd time and retuned it, now it is running fine. They also turned off the Parade Mode, or what ever it is called, where it automatically goes into a mode of running off of one cylinder when at a certain temperature and stopped.
Again, I appreciate all of the responces.