Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stretched hardbags?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 05:14 PM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I often wonder if anyone has ever experimented with making hardbags a little wider. I would love to be able to get my half helmet in one of my saddlebags when I have the tour pak off.

Old 08-26-2011, 05:55 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by shortride
I often wonder if anyone has ever experimented with making hardbags a little wider. I would love to be able to get my half helmet in one of my saddlebags when I have the tour pak off.
http://www.gatorboxes.net/products.htm

Old 08-26-2011, 06:31 PM
KACook
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nutsandbolts5212
Hey everyone, thanks for the replies. Checked out a few of the sites and now my dilema, and I read this on another thread, is ABS or fiberglass. Trying to do my homework on that now.

Has anyone ever heard of this company:

www.easyfairings.com

They have an ABS product. Just curious.
It is easier to cut and add sections to Fiberglass than doing the samething to ABS.

I had some Fiberglass bags and was going to have them painted (softail project). The painter had a set of brand new bags in ABS (covered in dust). He said he wanted to streach them, but he didn't relise they were ABS before he purshased them. I traded for the ABS.

ABS does not crack or get those faint lines like Fiber Glass. I guess my point is, ABS, non modifed is better than something that has been cut and glued back together. Just my opinion.

Old 09-01-2011, 09:59 AM
baggerman2010
Banned
Default ABS all the way!!!

I searched for 2 months and looked at every set of bags out there. I ended up meeting jason, the owner of fairingfactorymag.com at sturgis. awesome guy, great product and a smokin deal! i got my stretched bags, speaker lids and the matching rear fender from him, he shipped same day and the product was amazing! i heard of them months ago, but they were pretty new to the market. then i saw there ad in American and Urban bagger magazine. when i met the guy at sturgis i was expecting another arrogant bike builder, but he is just a regular dude that loves to ride. he used to be a consumer and is now a manufacturer. i would recomend him any day of the week check out his website and give him a call. he'll answer every question you have and then some and he puts his cell # on his website so your not leaving messages and waiting days for a callback! Not trying to kiss anyones @$$, but in a world of waiting for parts and being disapointed when they arrive, this was a nice change.

i just pulled out my latest issue of american bagger...heres his # 414.687.9387

FYI, Easy fairing sells fairing factory bags, those arent there bags...go right to the manufacturer and jason will give you a better deal!

Old 09-03-2011, 10:08 PM
FireRider61
Tourer

Baggerman...same thing happened to me...i posted somewhere else on the forum about me meeting him in Sturgis but none the less i echo your words...Same situation..The guy was totally cool,true to his word and DELIVERED....Cant wait till i get to Biketoberfest so i can hang with him and buy him dinner

Old 09-04-2011, 12:34 AM
brunosrk
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redrubicon2004
Yeah, quit posting on the fourm and just use google for all your answers!
Wow . . . really . . . what the fu*k do you think forums like this are for? The OP's question is perfectly appropriate. If you can't provide input or answer the question, then move on and stop with your needless posts. If you are are psyched about google, then use it yourself to find the correct spelling of forum.

Old 10-08-2011, 07:01 AM
The Justice
Intermediate

Originally Posted by redrubicon2004
I dont have them yet, but Top Shop has been great to work with via email and phone. They took the time to answer all my questions. Great customer service! I'll post up something when the bags and fender come.
I'll be interested in knowing your feedback and seeing pix. After reading all the positive feedback, I gave them a call and they were very customer service oriented (not to mention they answered the phone), and also offered a discount for being an HDForum Member.

Old 10-08-2011, 10:37 AM
piesik650
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got Yaffe bags coming. overpriced yes, but hopefully it's worth it.

Old 10-14-2011, 06:45 PM
tjdcustoms
2nd Gear
Default Tjd customs

We have ABS 4 inch stretched saddlebags on sale for $425 and fiberglass 4 inch stretched saddlebags on sale for $300 if you would like more information please check out our webs site at
www.tjdcustoms.com
TJD CUSTOMS 801-310-0666

direct link to ABS stretched saddlebags:
http://www.tjdcustoms.com/apps/webst...s/show/2606986

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-8.png[/IMG]

Last edited by tjdcustoms; 10-14-2011 at 06:48 PM.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:12 PM
stewy1200c
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Lot of companies doing bags, anyone use Dragonfly?

Quick Reply: Stretched hardbags?