Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Xeid's, Fuelpack or PC-V????????

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 08:30 PM
SpiderPig
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Xeid's, Fuelpack or PC-V????????

Yes another tuner question. 2010 limited, I am running a cat-less OE head pipe, V&H Monster Ovals and adding a K&N High Flow filter (RK-3930). I did contact Jamie at Fuel Moto and he recommended the PC V with a loaded map. But this would eliminate the use of the 02 sensors. Not sure if i want to do that or not. I do not want to do anything else to the bike just these additions and the simplest fuel management that will allow the bike to run correctly. Is anyone running the other's (xeids, Fulepack) with these types of mods and what has the outcome been.
I do not want to start the chasing of one issue after the next with pinging or decel pop or **** poor mileage. The bike runs great right now, I just want to install the high flow A/C to let it breath a little better. My 06 is built and I just finished getting that one right after a couple of years.
I do appreciate any and all advice guys.

Last edited by SpiderPig; 08-24-2011 at 08:35 PM.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:34 PM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Tts.....

Old 08-24-2011, 08:41 PM
fj1200
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

2010 Limited, V&H Power Duals and Monster Ovals, HD SE Stage 1 Air Cleaner kit. Before putting on the Power Duals, I used XIEDs. After putting on the Power Duals tried the Fuel Pak, with and without the XIEDs, but could not get rid of the decel popping. Using the PC-V with the Fuel Moto map and satisfied. Have gotten as much as 48 MPG on the highway, usually getting mid 40s.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:41 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

I run XIEDS.
the prime reasons were
1.) friends with PC's who bikes don't run well--- ( such as 32 mpg, soot and stink)
2a.) post after post on the forums complaining, asking questions...wondering
2b.) complete disinterest in trying to learn all about the ecm and control units- smart enough to know that great results will only come after many hours of study- I have other things to do
3.) cost ( XIEDS, $125 shipped)
4.) reversal...they plug in, they unplug too- if I were dis-satisfied with the results or heading to a dealer for warranty service.

My 09 FLHTC is 96", Ness big sucker, Supertrapp supermeg slip ons and stock catless header. MPG @43 MPG 65 - 70 MPH

my performance desires are realistic for a Harley ( I've had many, and other brands too) open the intake and exhaust ( stage 1) take the cheap horsepower and ride reliably for many years--- beyond that is gets really expensive to make a Harley go fast--- like the cost of a Kawasaki or two...

As noted below, the rev limit- the XIEDS will not affect that. I'm fine with the stock rev limit, I rarely go near it- and I suppose it adds safety margin for the valves. I have evos with raised rev limits- the stock on those was 5200 - mine are higher, and on those bikes, I rarely went near the limiter

Mike

Last edited by mkguitar; 08-24-2011 at 08:50 PM.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:43 PM
pettifogger1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm running basically the same set-up; catless headpipe, Fatshotz mufflers and high flow AC. After lots of debate and some experience with my 09 FLHT I decided to try the factory Stage 1 download. Despite all the BS from the experts, the bike has noticeably better low end torque and the rev limit was raised on the upper end with no ping, no pops, runs great. Until the warranty runs out I wouldn't consider messing with it further as it runs great and I can take it to any dealer if it breaks down.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:46 PM
SpiderPig
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by pettifogger1
I'm running basically the same set-up; catless headpipe, Fatshotz mufflers and high flow AC. After lots of debate and some experience with my 09 FLHT I decided to try the factory Stage 1 download. Despite all the BS from the experts, the bike has noticeably better low end torque and the rev limit was raised on the upper end with no ping, no pops, runs great. Until the warranty runs out I wouldn't consider messing with it further as it runs great and I can take it to any dealer if it breaks down.
How was your mileage affected?

Old 08-24-2011, 08:53 PM
flhtupser
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put the xieds on my '09 Ultra with twin slash Vance & Hines,stock airbox with K&N filter and could not be happier. More pep, gas mileage still the same and bike runs smoother and stronger. I am really glad I went this route.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:02 PM
pettifogger1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SpiderPig
How was your mileage affected?
I haven't seen any difference. I'm planning on going to a rally over the Labor Day weekend. That will cover everything from the HOT desert here in Phoenix to the cool mountains in Colorado. Will keep track of the mileage and see how it does.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:02 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm a big XEID fan for someone that just wants to keep it simple. I have a 2011 dyna that has an open big sucker and rush slip ons with a 2.25 baffle. Bike runs great, faster throttle response and runs much cooler. The only time I ever get a decel pop is if I'm running high rpm's and then just let off the throttle completely.

100 bucks and 15 minute install with no adjusting....Can't beat it. I guess if I had unlimited cash to spend on the bike I would get a PC-V but then I would take it to the best dyno tuner I could find. I'm not fond of the try this, try that map until one works right. If your going to spend that much cash to get that extra 1 or 2 horsepower, then make sure you get it.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:44 PM
rscott
Road Captain
Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

If you decide to go with fuel pak I have model # 61009 for sale $125 including shipping. (P.M. me if your interested) It was on my 2010 for about 3 months I usualy got aroung 47mpg with it cruising at 70mph. Cranking on throttle around 42 mph. I have since bought a 2011 FLTRU and doing some engine mods and won't be able to use a fuelpak.
Bob

Quick Reply: Xeid's, Fuelpack or PC-V????????