Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Xeid's, Fuelpack or PC-V????????

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 10:19 PM
InsideOut
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xied's + Fuelpak

Had a Fuelpak on my wife's '09 Deluxe and Xied's on my '09 RKC. I like the Xied's so much I added them to her bike, now she has both and it runs even better than before. I talked with V&H tech support and they told me the two devices work on different parts of the 'band' and it should be fine. Just bought a Fuelpak for my RKC and will install on Friday, I'll report back on the results after this weekend...

Last edited by InsideOut; 08-25-2011 at 08:02 AM.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:58 AM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

I forgot to mention that nightrider gave my Bro a Military discount for the asking.
His is a 2011 Limited 103, air cleaner & V&H "superscrapers" ( x pipe) and ovals

Mike

Old 08-25-2011, 07:59 AM
speakerfritz
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

xieds only work at lower end of the power range. once bike warms up, o2 sensors with xieds go open loop and the ecm just remembers the last closed loop values. If you make your own xieds using the old DIY instructions, for the money invested, the return is ok. but if you buy them preassembled, the costs of these things is too close to other more flexible solutions.

Old 08-25-2011, 04:07 PM
White Ice
Stellar HDF Member
Received 418 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by SpiderPig
Yes another tuner question. 2010 limited, I am running a cat-less OE head pipe, V&H Monster Ovals and adding a K&N High Flow filter (RK-3930). I did contact Jamie at Fuel Moto and he recommended the PC V with a loaded map. But this would eliminate the use of the 02 sensors. Not sure if i want to do that or not. I do not want to do anything else to the bike just these additions and the simplest fuel management that will allow the bike to run correctly. Is anyone running the other's (xeids, Fulepack) with these types of mods and what has the outcome been.
I do not want to start the chasing of one issue after the next with pinging or decel pop or **** poor mileage. The bike runs great right now, I just want to install the high flow A/C to let it breath a little better. My 06 is built and I just finished getting that one right after a couple of years.
I do appreciate any and all advice guys.
I have basically the same setup on my 2010 UC. I installed a 2009 cat-less head pipe, V&H Monster ovals and the K&N 3930 filter. I also have a PCV with 2 FuelMoto maps.(regular map & economap) Using the economap most times riding 2 up I can go 400km (250m) per tank. I've been tracking my fuel economy and getting 49mpg imperial = 42mpg US.

Old 08-25-2011, 04:14 PM
hdtrader
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xied and Vied

I recommend the Xied or the Vied...I've run them both and well satisified with them.

Old 08-25-2011, 04:33 PM
Puttnutt24
Road Warrior
Received 211 Likes on 118 Posts

Running Revolution Performance EMS Tuner and so far, extremely pleased. For something completely plug and play, I don't believe there is a better system out there. Now if like me you want to tinker, you might want to look elsewhere. But I've run ThunderMax, PC3, Pc-V's with and without Auto Tune and I have to admit, my bike has never run so good until I put on the EMS system. My two cents......
BTW, I just went from True Duals to this Fat Cat and the system took a good 100 miles to learn the pipe and it now runs flawless.....

Old 08-25-2011, 08:39 PM
RoadGlideGary
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ran with Nightrider X14ied's before I went with the head pipes. Now running PC-V from FM. Getting about 50mpg highway and no heat, decel popping or ping. Noticed stock head pipes had some head dis-coloring - not sure if this was xied's or general issue - nothing now. Go with FM and you have options for future changes at no cost. Ride safe and often.

Old 08-28-2011, 03:46 PM
SpiderPig
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 52 Posts

Looks like the XIEDS and the Fuelpak might a good system. This would still allow the 02 sensors to operate if I understand everything that I have read.

Old 08-28-2011, 04:31 PM
Pine Tree

Received 1,964 Likes on 463 Posts

...I do not want to do anything else to the bike just these additions and the simplest fuel management that will allow the bike to run correctly...
You are NOT going to get the bike to "run correctly" with the simplest fuel management system as there's a lot more to getting the bike to "run correctly" besides adding/subtracting fuel (unless you consider mediocre as the definition of running correctly).

...I do not want to start the chasing of one issue after the next with pinging or decel pop or **** poor mileage..
That's exactly what you're going to be doing by adding devices that "trick" the Delphi system. There's certainly enough data and reports that should tell you that's the road your about to take (I think you even suggested you spent quite a bit of time chasing issues with another bike).

...I just want to install the high flow A/C to let it breath a little better...
Then do just that! Or, access the ECM's map and change all the tables responsible for a well-tuned motor instead of adding devices, unplugging things, or splicing in other stuff.

Yes, lots of guys will tell you how great their bikes run with these tricks. But it's like listening to a guy that has always eaten rotten apples found on the ground...he thinks that's the way they all taste.

Old 08-28-2011, 04:34 PM
rgrecco
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

If I were you I wouldn't put that K&N into the stock airbox... I would get the Screaming Eagle Stage 1 Air Kit... You will get the most out of the pipes...

As for fuel management...

V&H FuelPak is the way to go if you don't wanna bother with it... You put in your setup online and they give you the values... you set it and forget it...

Thats my $0.02...

RON

Quick Reply: Xeid's, Fuelpack or PC-V????????