Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Listen to what MR James had to say about baggers

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011 | 02:17 AM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by bagdaddy09
Everything he said was true for the time, it was 2007. Choppers were the "in" thing, now baggers are.
Times and tastes change. Not that long ago, a 300 rear tire was considered cool. Now, it looks dated. Some of the more radical baggers will likewise look dated in 8 years or so. Lots of guys sold their custom choppers to buy a bagger will be selling their baggers in a few years to buy the next thing. And who knows what that will be, although I'm guessing we'll be seeing a lot of club style Dynas with quarter fairings in the next few years.

Old 08-24-2011 | 04:09 AM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Troubleman
Cool, is not listening to anyone tell you what is cool, and not telling someone their not cool for not doing what you do. That said, he didn't say anything that should get anyone too worked up. He just likes cool looking bikes as he sees them. If any of that make sense;-)

+1 I read no farther than your post. You said it well! Nuff said................

Old 08-24-2011 | 04:57 AM
davesnhere
Cruiser

Jesse James=Douche Nozzle....

Old 08-24-2011 | 05:01 AM
davesnhere
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Northside
Hell that what Sturgis is all about nowadays. Yuppies hauling ltheir "cool bikes" and riding around in circles all day up Lazelle and down Main. He's right Baggers are cool. You can ride "painlessly" cross country and when you get to the Black Hills you can ride circles around those long front enders in the twisties. That doesn't matter to the Jesse James/OCC worshipers. They are all parked out at the Full Throttle Saloon drinking $6.00 beers telling each other what bad asses they are.

I don't blame Jessse though. He's made a fortune off these nerds. Now an updated FXR as he was talking about is a pretty cool idea.
+1!!!

Old 08-24-2011 | 05:09 AM
IslandBiker
Cruiser

Baggers are the rage now, A N D.... you can enjoy the ride too!

Old 08-24-2011 | 05:15 AM
Rat1
Road Master

I have and do ride with guys that are all about looking cool or being tough. They either switched from a bagger to a non bagger or won't buy a bagger because they are for old people. LOL. Funny thing is when I show up at their place they coming walking out with their extra **** and walk over and start opening up your bags to put their **** in your bags. Hey get your own freaking bags.

Then after a few hours on the road, they are all worn out and want to swap rides with you. LOL you rode it, you keep riding it.

My best freind sold his 03 standard and bought a Nitetrain that had bags on it. He took the bags off because they were not cool. Put some hard assed seat on it because it was cool. 16inch apes because they were cool. After a bit he had to buy some ugly windshield because eating bugs was getting too him. Going down the road he looked like a freaking dog with his head out the wind and his chops blowing around. Boy was that cool looking. He started complaining about his back hurting and his *** going past painful towards being numb. He gets off the bike and waddles around because his back and *** hurts. Boy he sure looked cool.

LOL he sold the train. In public he said it was because he was going to get hurt on it. It was a well tuned 95 with other internals and it would scream. In private, he just could not take the pain and is now looking at baggers again.

Not sure if is going to beable to pull it off, with the economy in the tank and finances being tight etc.

Old 08-24-2011 | 05:41 AM
hksigman
Road Master

its a 4 year old opinion and we all know what to say about opinions...
i love both my baggers and love my 2 softails they each have a purpose...
he is talented and has made the money from the "booming" times of choppers...

take his comments like everyone elses that dont like your bike or your style with a grain of salt...

long as you are riding and enjoyin your two wheels

Old 08-24-2011 | 05:45 AM
SkipCarey
Tourer

The only trouble I have with JJ and OCC is these guys are the reason parts and stuff for HDs/customs have gotten so outrageously expensive to the point of being ludicrous hence the tattoo on jjs palm(sucker)

Old 08-24-2011 | 06:41 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Little Mike
Some will like him and some won't. Whether he's cool or not, who knows. Does anyone else remember one of the Discovery Channel specials of him where he was riding out to a show or rally (the clip may have been from that same show) and while showing off for the camera the seat fell off of the bike he built just for the trip....before he ever even made it out of Long Beach. Top notch stuff right there.
i remember something like that happening to billy lane. going down the road, stood up to look cool for the camera, and poof, seat goes flying off.

Old 08-24-2011 | 07:04 AM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member

Baggers are not his favorite bike, I'm okay with that.

Quick Reply: Listen to what MR James had to say about baggers