Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New bike right around the corner. Cant decide

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2011 | 09:46 AM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member

Congrats on your new Street Glide. What color did you get? Blue?? Red???? Those two colors are the best. Of course, you could have gotten the black, which is always in style year round.

Old 09-10-2011 | 10:16 AM
djack
Road Master

cograts jasontrucks76, i been thinkin about a streetglide myself

Old 09-10-2011 | 10:29 AM
Woollymonster
Cruiser

That is a great bike! Congratulations. Put a detachable tour pack on it and you are ready for the long haul as well.

Big difference between your '97 and this one. New frame. New motor. Some other subtle improvements.

Also a big difference with the batwing. I came off of an RK and could never get a windshield that I could see over that did not buffet my head. With the batwing, you can get aftermarket windshields like Clearview and Klockwerks that you can see over and divert the buffet over your head. Makes for a much more comfortable ride.

Old 09-10-2011 | 11:15 AM
jasontrucks76
|
Cruiser

Thanks guys!

I got the black.... I am trying to upload a picture but it keeps failing to upload. Ill try a few more times but Im hitting the road here in a few so I may have to come back to it.

Old 09-10-2011 | 12:37 PM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by jasontrucks76
I am happy to report that as of Thursday the 8th I am the proud owner of a 2012 Street Glide! ;o)
........ so i guess my advice that 'when in doubt, get the Road Glide' is a little late, eh ? ...........

Old 09-10-2011 | 12:41 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member

Thanks guys!

I got the black.... I am trying to upload a picture but it keeps failing to upload. Ill try a few more times but Im hitting the road here in a few so I may have to come back to it.

Have fun on your ride and be careful out there. Nothing like riding a new bike!!!!

Old 09-10-2011 | 01:29 PM
Smittyjf
Road Captain

I am happy to report that as of Thursday the 8th I am the proud owner of a 2012 Street Glide! ;o)

I ended on this bike after several test rides and the only regret I have now is that I didn't do it sooner!

I had them install the Road King rear shocks that are a little taller and I feel terrific on this bike. (thank you for the idea Kevin)

My first few days riding this bike have been spectacular!!! The overall feel of the new frame and the 103" really put a smile on my face ;0) I have not felt this stable on a motorcycle since I was into rockets when I was 18ish. I seem to be pulling out to the front of the pack when riding with my friends through the hills and winding roads without even trying. Usually I was bringing up the rear because I just did not feel comfortable in the turns and always backed out of it. Not the case anymore!

I had the V&H high outputs installed, Heavy breather and tuner installed before I left the shop. First few hundred mile impression of the V&H's is good. They have a great low thump with no tin sound at all.

Thanks for the replies! Im headed out for a ride around devils tower today!!
Excellent choice!!
I loved mine except for the suspension. You will love the newly designed frame also. Manuverability is greatly improved with it. Going with the shocks was a must and trust me, the batwing fairing will grow on you too. Definately get a better windshield. I went with the 8" LRS.
My next investment on mine was definately the shocks, but traded it in on a 2012 EG Limited. I think I'm pretty much done now after owning 3 others (Dyna, Softail, SG) or at least that's waht my wife says hehe.....
Good luck!
Smitty

Old 09-10-2011 | 03:26 PM
fxstbharley2008
Tourer
Default Congrads!

Sweet Ride! good luck!
I also have a 2012 SG . I love it - it runs so well on a most straights you could take both hand off the bars and just glide down the road. I love mine and I am sure you will enjoy yours.
OH - Picts????????

Old 09-10-2011 | 07:45 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member

I have the stock suspension on mine, and it rides very smooth....not sure where you guys are getting all this rough riding stuff.

Rough ride is a rigid with a springer fork and un sprung seat.

~Joe

Old 09-10-2011 | 08:18 PM
R.Rains
Advanced

CONGRAT'S on the new ride and may you enjoy it for many years to come. If I could make a suggestion on you next mod it would be to get rid of your front oem pipe with the cat and go with the V&H front pipe you won't be sorry.

Quick Reply: New bike right around the corner. Cant decide