Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

adjustable passenger foorboards?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 10:37 AM
rerb95
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default adjustable passenger foorboards?

anyone have them? If so which ones are you using?

My wife, has a ton of back problems and was told by her docs that lower passenger floor boards would help her back and allow her to ride longer than the short time we are able to ride now... any help would be great!

Ride safe!

RJ

Old 08-20-2011, 11:19 AM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

I have Kuryakin adjustable pegs, that go on in addition to the stock floorboards for the passenger. It gives the passenger three different positions--the floorboard, the pegs in the "up" position, and the pegs in the "forward" position. Plus, they fold back out of the way when necessary.

Attached Thumbnails adjustable passenger foorboards?-pedals-002a.jpg  
Old 08-20-2011, 12:19 PM
nail bender
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

on my 05 road glide the stock passenger floorboards can be installed in a few different locations. not a big difference in height but it may be enough to help her out. and it dosent cost you any money. less than 5 min. with an allen wrench to put them in the lowest position. it is worth a try. if it dosent help spend some money

Old 08-20-2011, 08:25 PM
Devo6684
Road Captain

Originally Posted by MNPGRider
I have Kuryakin adjustable pegs, that go on in addition to the stock floorboards for the passenger. It gives the passenger three different positions--the floorboard, the pegs in the "up" position, and the pegs in the "forward" position. Plus, they fold back out of the way when necessary.
I ran into a couple that had the adjustable pegs like the kuryakin, but they were HD brand. Very nice"..little pricey, but nice. I believe he paid close to 200$

BTW MNPGRider..awesome avatar!

Last edited by Devo6684; 08-20-2011 at 08:27 PM.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:49 PM
MasterGuns(Ret)
Advanced

Originally Posted by MNPGRider
Do those allow the passenger floorboards to flip up when there is no passenger?

In the forward position, can the passenger really rest their legs out forward kind of like highway pegs when the rider is on his highway pegs?

Old 08-20-2011, 10:02 PM
Cme2c
Tourer

If you are just wanting to lower the footboards, I use "Baron Passenger Floorboard Comfort Mounts" which are shown on the Kuryakyn website. My wife has hip problems and even with the stock boards adjusted all the way down, she is still not comfortable. These lowering blocks allow me to drop the boards another inch and a half or so, but you do need to saw off the bottom half inch of the factory floorboard mount (the slotted part where the bottom mounting bolt goes) so it doesn't hit the exhaust (at least on my 2011 model year). Wife is happy, especially when I raise her up a little more with an extra pad on her pillion seat.

Old 08-21-2011, 03:44 AM
rerb95
Road Warrior

thanks for the info... I will look into those Cme2c. That is exactly what she needs! She has a spinal fusion and also had a minor hip injury, so that would probably be the best route for us. May I ask you, if you had to eliminate the bottom screw hole then are you only using one bolt in that floor board now?

Thanks all for your replys!

Old 08-21-2011, 07:40 AM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Cme2c
If you are just wanting to lower the footboards, I use "Baron Passenger Floorboard Comfort Mounts" which are shown on the Kuryakyn website. My wife has hip problems and even with the stock boards adjusted all the way down, she is still not comfortable. These lowering blocks allow me to drop the boards another inch and a half or so, but you do need to saw off the bottom half inch of the factory floorboard mount (the slotted part where the bottom mounting bolt goes) so it doesn't hit the exhaust (at least on my 2011 model year). Wife is happy, especially when I raise her up a little more with an extra pad on her pillion seat.

Try here....

http://www.westendmotorsports.com/dr...3022_3023.html

Count 12 items down....

Their cheaper...I just got a set from them last week....

Old 08-21-2011, 07:44 AM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Cme2c
Question, with those mounts sticking out an additional 2 1/2 on either side, any issues with your legs hitting them on stops?

I'm still waiting on other parts and the bikes on the lift, so I haven't been able to see for myself...

Old 08-21-2011, 07:53 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,547 Likes on 6,276 Posts

Originally Posted by MasterGuns(Ret)
Do those allow the passenger floorboards to flip up when there is no passenger?

In the forward position, can the passenger really rest their legs out forward kind of like highway pegs when the rider is on his highway pegs?
I just installed the Kuryakyns. They do not interfere with floorboards flipping up. Watch the video on their website, easier than written directions. http://www.kuryakyn.com/Video-Center...intVideoID=116

Haven't used them yet. First 2 positions appear useless because saddlebag guards on FLHTCU make them unusable. I also wonder if passengers rest their calves on peg in forward position. Is that comfortable?

Last edited by Ron750; 08-21-2011 at 09:06 AM. Reason: added info