Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 limited boom amp problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 06:40 PM
bdp
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, what a way to show your appreciation. You join this forum looking for some help. Pingman whom just happens to know this system inside and out, offers to help and you say fu(k u or might as well have.

Old 08-22-2011, 07:29 PM
SpiderPig
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by bdp
Wow, what a way to show your appreciation. You join this forum looking for some help. Pingman whom just happens to know this system inside and out, offers to help and you say fu(k u or might as well have.

Hey anyone have a need for these wiring diagrams that I scanned? LOL

Old 08-22-2011, 07:58 PM
niinjoosum
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The instructions have a number of J03651. I think I may need the software upgrade before this will work but I am open to help. Thanks

Old 08-22-2011, 08:31 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Here is the pdf version of the installation instructions from HD's website:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US...ts/-J03651.pdf

I'll send a PM to niinjoosim.

As for cchauler, apparently he hit his frustration limit.

SpiderPig, if you can, post the wiring diagrams--I'm sure they will be beneficial.

Carl

Old 08-22-2011, 08:58 PM
niinjoosum
Advanced

Carl Thanks for the info but I had the instructions already. The problem is that there is no reference to the Limited model. But in working around that where I had an issue was with the following comment on page 5 top right "FLHTCU Touring and FLHTCUTG Tri Glide models: Separate the audio harness pin housing [6A] from the interconnect harness socket housing [6B]." ???? dont know what this means in english especially with no pictures. So once again off to the dealer for the software upgrade and they can figure it out unless some with some experience can chime in.

Old 08-22-2011, 09:02 PM
niinjoosum
Advanced

Opps I think I just figured out the 6A and 6B thing. I think its same plug that you plug in the two wires into. So with that done, sound is still not working so...to the shop.

Old 08-22-2011, 09:14 PM
SpiderPig
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Harleypingman

SpiderPig, if you can, post the wiring diagrams--I'm sure they will be beneficial.
I scanned them in as a jpg. Anyone that needs em drop me a note. Not sure how to get them in the thread.

Old 08-23-2011, 02:40 AM
LQQK_OUT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,645 Likes on 1,123 Posts

I'm also considering installing this amp. Looking through the installation instructions I see they have you install cushion bumpers on the fender. What's the purpose of the bumpers? Does the amp hit/touch the fender?

Old 08-23-2011, 05:42 AM
vzts4q
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SpiderPig
I scanned them in as a jpg. Anyone that needs em drop me a note. Not sure how to get them in the thread.
When you are writing your response to a post look below where you are typing. There is a rectangular button named manage attachments.
Click it.
In the popup window click on browse, find the file you scanned and click on it. Then click on open. This should take you back to the original popup with the file location filled in.
Click on upload.
You can not click on preview post to see if it worked. ;-)

You can always go back and edit any post you have made to add or correct content.
There is a extra button on any post you have created named edit to do this. To change pictures that you have uploaded you have to click on go advanced to see the picture options.

Last edited by vzts4q; 08-23-2011 at 05:45 AM.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:51 AM
niinjoosum
Advanced

Yes, the amp did touch the fender on the second bumper for me.

Originally Posted by LQQK_OUT
I'm also considering installing this amp. Looking through the installation instructions I see they have you install cushion bumpers on the fender. What's the purpose of the bumpers? Does the amp hit/touch the fender?

Quick Reply: 2011 limited boom amp problem