Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 HD Texas Tour

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 09:25 AM
bdp
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2011 HD Texas Tour

Is this a Texas thing www.texashdtour.com or is every state participating. 90 days and 41 dealers in Texas and doesn't appear to include Barnetts in El Paso.

Anyway, thats some serious miles. I haven't read the whole thing but maybe each dealer visited is another chance to put your name in the bucket.

Old 08-16-2011, 10:32 AM
TMART
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are only 3 states doing it so far,Texas,Louisiana,and I think the third is either Mississippi or Misouri (spelling).

Old 08-16-2011, 10:35 AM
TMART
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On a side note,there is also 41 Hooter's resturants in texas also.Might try and hit those also!

Old 08-16-2011, 10:36 AM
FLHTCU Owner
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bdp
Is this a Texas thing www.texashdtour.com or is every state participating. 90 days and 41 dealers in Texas and doesn't appear to include Barnetts in El Paso.

Anyway, thats some serious miles. I haven't read the whole thing but maybe each dealer visited is another chance to put your name in the bucket.
Dunno, but it looks cool as hell. I need to get down to Texas. We are moving as soon as the house sells up here. Looking at the north Dallas area (Little Elm, Aubrey, etc).

Old 08-16-2011, 10:52 AM
bdp
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FLHTCU Owner
Dunno, but it looks cool as hell. I need to get down to Texas. We are moving as soon as the house sells up here. Looking at the north Dallas area (Little Elm, Aubrey, etc).

Welcome to Texas, now you need a month to plan this ride and a ton of cash.

Old 08-16-2011, 07:51 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

this is very similiar to the Ride The Rockies Tour that i went on last year...had to make dealers in colorado, wyoming, and utah. there was supposed to be only one entry per rider--but several riders did the run mutiple times and had many more chances of winning. the rules plainly stated that you were allowed only 1 entry. i personally talked to riders that were on their third trip. completely unfair to out of state riders like myself...rode up to colorado from south texas. then i find out that locals are making the ride over several weekends and then doing it over again.
the rules this year seem to say that you can do it more than once.
this is being run by some outfit out of florida...just like last year in colorado. everything looks very similiar to the operation in colorado last year. i filed a complaint with the attorney general in colorado--guess the harley dealers have too much pull and nothing ever came of it.
hey, the dealers are hoping to sell lots of t-shirts and crap to riders making the run. 41 t-shirts at $30 adds up to some serious money. you will be fighting lots of city traffic to get to some of the dealers and the heat can still be pretty bad this time of year. i can think of better ways to spend my time...good luck to those of you that participate--someone will win that harley.

Old 09-06-2011, 07:53 PM
Miked053
Supporter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been sitting down trying to figure this out and man this is a doozy. I am in the Dallas area and getting 14-15 would be a chore but not impossible. Now, to get the last 4-5 its going to require 3 seperate runs one of which is 600 mile round trip for 2 dealerships. This is a serious investment that would be a pain in the A$$ to complete. LOL if only i were based out of Austin and San Antonio and Corpus wern't such a haul. Any other ideas or suggestions are welcome

Old 09-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Harsh1828
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

COlorado is doing it again this year, I think HD is supporting this. I bet there are regoins all across the US that are doing it.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:55 PM
djl
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Army
Received 2,232 Likes on 1,614 Posts

I read the rules and still don't understand the object of the tour. Do you have to hit all 41 dealers to qualify for the Grand Prize drawing?

Old 09-07-2011, 01:12 PM
SciFiGuy
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

4 Down and only 37 left to go.

Originally Posted by djl
I read the rules and still don't understand the object of the tour. Do you have to hit all 41 dealers to qualify for the Grand Prize drawing?
No you don't have to visit all 41 dealers.

At each stop you'll have your book stamped with the stamp for the dealer your at. At the same time you will get a ticket that you fill out your info, name, address, phone and email. They will staple your portion of the ticket in the book on their dealer page. The other portion of the ticket is then used to draw the winners of the prizes so the more dealers you visit the better your odds.

Also each dealer will have four events where you will get extra tickets if you attend. This is only for the dealer you've specified as your home dealer.

Quick Reply: 2011 HD Texas Tour