Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have you ever dropped over a Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 12:13 PM
beatlesfab4fan
Intermediate
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry number 1 was more humor than anything else. If the bike is on the engine guard it better be off. Lol

Mike

Old 03-05-2016, 12:29 PM
CVO SG
Road Warrior
Received 252 Likes on 205 Posts

Dropped mine at only 2 weeks old. Slow drop. Just a scratch on the engine guard, and floorboard mount bracket, no where else. Wish I woulda looked at clearances at saddle bags and fairing while it was over, but when you drop it in a McD parking lot, my thought was to stand it up and get going. Have to think the speed of the drop, position of front wheeel, and pavement all have some bearing on amount of contact points.

Old 04-18-2016, 12:43 PM
kmcintee
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Response

Originally Posted by dontdropit
When a street glide is let over till the engine guard touches will the bag make contact with the ground, being damaged of course?
Most riders will admit that their hd sg or rg has gone over one time or another. If you have foot rest attached to engine guard and have saddle bag guards installed it can save your bags. Also the floor boards can save you from damage. It sucks when your bike goes over, but most of the time it will be when your just moving the bike. It's life and it happens.
Ken in Tacoma, WA. 2011 SG, 120r, Vance and hines monster ovals, Rolan Sands A/C. This bike is scary some times with all the power, which is how I like it.

Old 04-18-2016, 02:25 PM
shagnasty
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

dropped my road king in the garage after a wash...wet shoes....you know..It landed on the crash bar only. but it went down slow...

Old 04-18-2016, 04:39 PM
Onedef1
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

I dont know what some of these guys are talking about.. I have a 2014 SG, I also ride the Civilian Top Gun course regularly (for those that dont know, its the Police Motor Officer obstacle/training course) Ive put my bike down upwards 10-15 times... it hits the crash bar, and thats IT... I have bag guards, theyve never made contact with the ground. At a slow speed under 20-30 mph there isnt any way its going to flop over onto the fairing, theres too much weight down low. I was terrified of dropping this $30,000 machine until after the 2nd time.... now i pay it never no mind.... the guard does what its supposed to do... once on the left side one of the clamps on the exhaust scraped off, but that was because the nut on it was at the wrong angle... also, since I put the Highway pegs on, THOSE are the only things that hit the ground, right after the floorboards do... I put bag guard covers on ( I have the new style bag guards that I changed to from the stock no-guard) just in case, but ive never had one hit the ground, and ive been over and off every which way at varying speeds, but always low speeds, 1st gear under 30 mph... I dont worry about it at all any more... gonna keep trying to get the bike further over in a tight turn every single time until I can ride a U turn dragging half the bike on the road like the cops do. WOOOOO! and Ill keep falling over until I do.

Last edited by Onedef1; 04-18-2016 at 04:50 PM.