Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yet another PCV question(s)

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 05:44 PM
Bigiron
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Yet another PCV question(s)

Recently received my PCV from FuelMoto but have not yet installed, as I am waiting on mufflers. Bike is 2010 Limited with SE A/C.
Question #1: What harm would result if I installed the PCV now, and header & mufflers a week or so later?(02 Senors would be unplugged).
Question #2: Is there any way to find out what map has been pre-installed in the PCV before installing the PCV on the bike(I don't have a lap top)?

Tried the search feature, but couldn't find answers. Yes, I did email FM, and got a generic message to call. Hate telephones due to bad hearing.
Will appreciate advice from those more astute than I.

Old 08-15-2011, 06:21 PM
Phat09flhx
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can run the program on your home PC and put in a download for what you have on the bike currently. When you put on pipes you will have to go back into the program and find your setup and reload that program. When you plug into the computer running the PVC program it will show you what is loaded if anything.

Old 08-15-2011, 06:53 PM
usmc3468
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you get it from Fuel Moto??

If so call them and tell them your current setup and they will shoot you a map you can use for now and when you get your pipes just call and get another map.

I run two maps at all times, performance and economical. I have them saved on my laptop and load which ever one I want to run. However I usually stick to the eco one.

I think I have 10-15 different maps for my bike from different upgrades and tweeks. I just save them all

Old 08-15-2011, 10:24 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Generally when you buy a PCV from Fuelmoto they ask you what your set-up is for your bike and when they ship the PCV to you it comes with a MAP just for your bike as you described it. Did Fuelmoto ask for the details on your bike (or how you intended to upgrade it) when you ordered the PCV? If so then I bet it already has the MAP in it. The only question is did you give them the info for the future/upcoming build or did you say it's currently stock and wanted a MAP for stock? If you told them what you were upgrading to and the MAP is written for the headers and mufflers you plan to install I'd just wait a week or two until you get them all in and install them all at once along with the PCV.

Now if this was not done for some reason then call them and give them the details on how your bike is set up currently. They will send you a MAP via email and you down load it into your PCV (very easy to do). As you make further chagnes (headers, intake, mufflers, etc) contact them a few days before you do it so the download can be made and sent to you. Then download that newest MAP, etc.

I just did my Stage I upgrade in increments, starting with a totally stock bike and then for each item I added I had Keith send me a MAP to accomodate what I'd just done, such as installing the V&H Powerduals. Very easy to do and every MAP he sent was perfect the first time.

If you don't have a laptop have a friend or neighbor or family member who has one bring it over to your house for a few minutes and do it that way. Doesnt take long at all. Very quick and easy.

Last edited by Arizona; 08-15-2011 at 10:30 PM.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:35 PM
LADNAR
Tourer

This is really interesting.

I just bought a used PC5 from a forum member that bought it from fuelmoto. Does anyone know if they'll send me maps, even though I wasn't the one that purchased it from them?

Old 08-15-2011, 11:19 PM
twalte
6th Gear

Or just add the PCV autotune module and it will adjust based on whatever configuration you have on your sled. Nice to be able to add/change whatever you want and it adjusts accordingly.

Old 08-16-2011, 11:00 AM
Bigiron
Tourer

Thanks to all for the advice. When I placed my PCV order with FuelMoto we discussed how my bike will be configured(S/E A/C, headers/mufflers). Tag on the box said "Mapped to your specifications", I was simply curious as to the SPECIFIC map loaded. Hooked the PCV to my desktop computer but nothing comes up. I guess the PCV has to be installed on the bike in order to see a map. So, I will wait until all my goodies arrive and install all the stuff at one time. Again, thanks for the advice.

Old 08-16-2011, 11:10 AM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Yes, the PCV has to be installed and the ignition ON to get the PCV program on the computer to show anything.

The custom MAP for your future set-up is already installed from what you describe, so probably not even a concern. Just install and start the bike. See how it runs. If its stumbling, popping, etc then call Fuelmoto and they'll help you get it fine tuned by either sending another MAP or by walking you through how to adjust it live on the bike with your laptop.

I doubt you even need to fool with anything, their MAPs have been great in my experience.

Last edited by Arizona; 08-16-2011 at 11:14 AM.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:16 PM
Bigiron
Tourer

Thanks, Arizona. Appreciate your input.

Old 08-16-2011, 08:45 PM
SICKBAGGER
Road Master

Originally Posted by LADNAR
This is really interesting.

I just bought a used PC5 from a forum member that bought it from fuelmoto. Does anyone know if they'll send me maps, even though I wasn't the one that purchased it from them?
Give them a call be honest and sincere tell them you on here and ask for their help they will help you I know this first hand.

Quick Reply: Yet another PCV question(s)