Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yet another PCV question(s)

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 12:15 AM
ke5rbd
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

You don't have to have the PCV installed on the bike to see what program is on it. Just install the software that comes with it and then plug the USB cable in. The first time you plug the cable in it will load the drivers. Once they are loaded and the PCV software is open on computer it will open the map when all is connected. If it doesn't and the light is on on the front of the PCV go to Get Map and it will open the map. At that time you can save that map to your computer. If the lights don't come on the PCV, either the USB cable is bad or not plugged in all the way or the drivers didn't load correctly. It also makes a backup copy everytime you hook up to the PCV. I have a 2010 Limited also with SEAC and PCV. Go ahead and install the PCV and ride. It will work fine without the Mufflers installed. You need to learn to tune the PCV anyway. My mileage dropped about 5 mpg but performance went up to a large grin factor. With a 10% leaning and adding 2 degrees timing to the cruise range the mileage is back above original and the smile factor is still the same from the performance improvement. After you experiment some put a switch on it and use two maps. If you modify one and it doesn't work right just switch to the good one and keep on riding. I also have a short USB cable I leave under the seat and can pull it out and hook up laptop without pulling seat each time. It takes only seconds to make a change and be on your way again. I have heard altitude affects the PCV but I went from 70 ft above sea level to 6000 ft above and noticed absolutely no difference. I am getting 44 in the Mountains one up and 40 two up. About 43 at sealevel one up and 37 2 up.

Old 08-17-2011, 09:29 AM
Bigiron
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ke5rbd, Thanks for the info. I was able to bring up the fuel map(cyl 1 & cyl 2). Weird numbers, but I have just started my learning curve so everything is weird. You had a good idea having a short USB cable under the seat. Thanks for the help.