Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Progressive Touring Link - quick review

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 11:22 PM
cripula
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Progressive Touring Link - quick review

I had my '00 FLHT in for new rubber (went from Metz 880s to E3s), decided to have the Progressive touring link thrown on at the same time.
After getting the tires scrubbed in I ran it up to Whistler (local ski mountain) then left on a week long trip 2 up around WA state.
Had lots of opportunities to see what the PTL does... rode over HWY 20, along the Gorge, and up Mt St Helens... lots of nice twisty roads.

I had hoped it would help and I was not disappointed... actually I was thrilled! The bike is so much more planted in hard cornering, the wobble waggle is gone. The difference is fairly dramatic - bike inspires way more confidence now.

Solo I like to hustle through the corners. The PTL was worth every penny and then some. I really regret not doing it much sooner.

Old 08-15-2011, 03:14 PM
Progressive Suspension
Former Sponsor
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks man! Ride safe!

Originally Posted by cripula
I had my '00 FLHT in for new rubber (went from Metz 880s to E3s), decided to have the Progressive touring link thrown on at the same time.
After getting the tires scrubbed in I ran it up to Whistler (local ski mountain) then left on a week long trip 2 up around WA state.
Had lots of opportunities to see what the PTL does... rode over HWY 20, along the Gorge, and up Mt St Helens... lots of nice twisty roads.

I had hoped it would help and I was not disappointed... actually I was thrilled! The bike is so much more planted in hard cornering, the wobble waggle is gone. The difference is fairly dramatic - bike inspires way more confidence now.

Solo I like to hustle through the corners. The PTL was worth every penny and then some. I really regret not doing it much sooner.