Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rain suit recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 11:26 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Pine Tree
I ended up with the TourMaster Sentinel suit (pants have the heat resistant panels on the inside of each leg).

If possible, try on any brand as many do not fit well in the seated position...noting worse then pants that come up to mid-calves.
I also have the Tourmaster suits and can not say enough good things about them. The only downside is that they do not pack up very small. I have a HD suit that I just keep in the bike. It is super small and the pants and jacket folf all up into a pocket in the hood of the jacket. Easy to pack, but not as durable. How much touring do you plan on doing and what are the chances you will be riding in the rain?

Old 08-14-2011, 11:31 AM
banddirector
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by gerjets
Frogg Toggs. Good stuff in my opinion.
+1 But they will melt on a hot pipe; I visited a Frogg Togg dealer at Sturgis this year and he gave me the "Smokin' Toad" patch kit, which is a chunk of Nomex that you glue to the side of your pants where it would contact the pipes.

If you get the Toggs, be sure to get the Nomex patch ....

Old 08-14-2011, 11:43 AM
Little Mike
Road Master
Received 96 Likes on 24 Posts

I picked up a suit by Carhartt a couple years ago and it's outstanding! For the same price as an HD suit it's a far superior product construction and durability wise. It doesn't pack up real small but I'm not a small guy so yours may take up less space. I've also used it camping in 3 days of rain and stayed bone dry the whole trip.

Old 08-14-2011, 12:01 PM
greg09997
Road Warrior
Received 99 Likes on 50 Posts

I've had good luck with the HD ones, that fold into the hood. They work & don't take up much space.

Old 08-14-2011, 12:08 PM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by banddirector
+1 But they will melt on a hot pipe; I visited a Frogg Togg dealer at Sturgis this year and he gave me the "Smokin' Toad" patch kit, which is a chunk of Nomex that you glue to the side of your pants where it would contact the pipes.

If you get the Toggs, be sure to get the Nomex patch ....
Yep, melted a big hole on the inside of my right leg. The Toggs kept me dry in over 3 hours of steady rain on the interstate. They are very light. I do not like the black color. I prefer a much brighter color in rainy conditions so the cagers are more apt to see me. Wife has one of the bright orange HD suits. They show up well, but are hot and a tad heavy. Probably the best thing to do is spend the money and go Gortex.

Old 08-14-2011, 12:24 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,092 Likes on 3,647 Posts

I have the Overpass and it works well....yes it's warm...if you ride in the rain in the summer then shorts and t-shirts under it makes for pretty comfy ride...

Last edited by Notgrownup; 08-14-2011 at 12:31 PM.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:04 PM
oldandbusted
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the HD Hi Vis suit this year and used it a bunch, of all the ones I've tried, this one actually keeps me dry. The key is adding cover for your boots, if your feet are dry its all good.

Old 08-14-2011, 02:08 PM
firedog341
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got the gore Tex jacket and pants along with gators for my boots. They were expensive but I got just abut half price at an end of the season sale at a local dealer. I like them because not only keeps the rain off, works like a wind breaker in the cold but lets the heat out when it's hot.

Old 08-14-2011, 06:01 PM
2011FLHTK
Road Master
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Make sure you get something that won't melt to your pipes. Some things are worth paying for; a good quality rain suit is one of them.

Old 08-14-2011, 06:33 PM
DPete
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 1,735 Likes on 1,302 Posts

Originally Posted by oldandbusted
I got the HD Hi Vis suit this year and used it a bunch, of all the ones I've tried, this one actually keeps me dry. The key is adding cover for your boots, if your feet are dry its all good.
Same here, I cut the heel elastic off the pants though otherwise they worked good for me in Co. thunder busters

Quick Reply: rain suit recommendations