Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You'll Poke Your Eye Out Kid!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 12:48 AM
CHGO5OH
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You'll Poke Your Eye Out Kid!

Just wanted to share my incident with you guys. Last night I decided on covering my scoot for the night. It was dark and somewhat illuminated, as I went to check the pipes to see if it was ok to cover the scoot. WHAM!!!! Shoved the friggin antenna in my left eyeball. I heard of stories of close calls and even done it myself, but it finally got me. I'm soooo lucky to be able to see from that eye right now, but there is no telling what's in store for the future. I am still sick to my stomach just thinking about that I almost lost my eye. I posted the picture one of the doctors took in the ER. Oh, can anyone recommend a good SHORT antenna?

****************************NO ONE IS GETTING SUED OR BEING HELD ACCOUNTABLE*************************************** *

Attached Thumbnails You'll Poke Your Eye Out Kid!-l-eye.jpg  

Last edited by CHGO5OH; 05-26-2012 at 12:42 PM.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:14 AM
smithbrl
Road Warrior
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Man, that SUCKS. Hope they get you fixed up good.

Old 08-13-2011, 01:28 AM
HolePuncher
Cruiser

Wow, you are one lucky guy. That could have gone so much worse. By the looks of it your eye should heal fine. I ripped the head off a Barbie to put on my antenna. It looks better than a Jack-in-the-Box ball.
Heal well Marine.

Old 08-13-2011, 01:33 AM
CHGO5OH
Tourer

Originally Posted by HolePuncher
Wow, you are one lucky guy. That could have gone so much worse. By the looks of it your eye should heal fine. I ripped the head off a Barbie to put on my antenna. It looks better than a Jack-in-the-Box ball.
Heal well Marine.
I like the barbie head idea. I had to take the antenna off for now, I just cant stare at that thing. Thanks!

Old 08-13-2011, 01:57 AM
Deuuuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I bought a shorty on Ebay, and it was flexible. Can't find it now but very similar to these two. Then when I had the iPod interface installed, I had the internal antenna mounted instead.

http://www.antennax.com/p-4732-1-eur...-davidson.aspx

Old 08-13-2011, 02:16 AM
hdtrader
Cruiser

I too have had close calls...I put an empty water bottle upside down on mine when it's parked in the shop. With the number of accidents and near misses...Harley-Davidson should discontinue the whip anntennas and make the internal ones a standard feature. I lost the sight of my left eye when I was a kid...so I have to be extra careful. As a matter of fact since you brought this to light...I will be buying one of the internal ones for my SG. Thanks for the post...

Old 08-13-2011, 02:31 AM
SH_01FXDWG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, glad it wasn't worse. I had some cast iron taken out of my eye once. They used a sort of drimmel tool and cut the stuff out. That night I did what they said not to do and looked under the patch. I had three 1/8" diam craters in my eye. Two days later you could not even tell. You'll be surprised how fast the tissue in the eye can heal.

Old 08-13-2011, 03:15 AM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

sucks..... but maybe a class action lawsuit lol

Old 08-13-2011, 03:18 AM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

Dude wish u the best and heal up fast. I took mine off when doing my cams it was in the way walking around the bike. Its been off ever since as i only use the ipod.

Old 08-13-2011, 04:11 AM
marvincbr
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

You can always cut a little off the bottom of the stock whip to make it shorter, so it's not at eyeball height anymore.

Quick Reply: You'll Poke Your Eye Out Kid!