Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You'll Poke Your Eye Out Kid!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 04:47 PM
Jack Straw
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow...this thread turned ugly, fast.

Back on topic, I purchased the 12 inch "rubber ducky" from Autozone for about 8 bucks, recommendations from a thread on here a while back. Works great, and looks damned good too.

Old 09-06-2011, 04:53 PM
CHGO5OH
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sure did! I should have never mentioned "LAWYER", now I'm getting called every name in the book and joked at. You got to love this forum though.

Originally Posted by fleabite
Wow...this thread turned ugly, fast.

Back on topic, I purchased the 12 inch "rubber ducky" from Autozone for about 8 bucks, recommendations from a thread on here a while back. Works great, and looks damned good too.

Old 09-06-2011, 05:02 PM
DHubbs
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Why dont someone close this thread? Its gone nutts! Hope your eye gets better & remember the antenna is there next time, was there when you bought the bike or you put it there one. Your right, you should not have mentioned lawyers, that incinuates a law suit. Its best to just keep some things to yourself I believe. Get well soon, be careful about sharing every thing ya do publicly.

Old 09-06-2011, 05:24 PM
petewerner
Road Captain

I read somewhere that someone said they had fixed the problem on newer models, but I wondered what that change was.... just a passing thought... then yesterday I went to look down really fast near the back of my RG and I just about shoved the end of my antenna throught the bottom of my chin/neck!! Now I see what people are talking about!! Dangerous. I put some 1/4 silicone tubing over in and then used some black electrical shrink tubing. Now it looks like a cat tail and the top is soft and flexable...

Old 09-06-2011, 06:55 PM
keith_stepp
Banned
Received 1,505 Likes on 1,077 Posts

Originally Posted by hopperop
A shorter antenna? That is worse than the tall one...
Nonsense.

I am 5'10" and the stock antenna is at the perfect length and the bike is at the perfect angle on its kickstand to place the tip of the antenna at eye level and in the natural path from the left side of the bike (the side I dismount to) to the rear of the bike, which is where I frequently go immediately after dismounting. The result? Several very near misses of getting my eye poked too. Thankfully, I wear glasses, which helps a little and I had no injuries. But, it was sufficient evidence to allow me to come to the conclusion that it was not a question if, but when I (or someone else) was going to get poked in the eye. So, I replaced it with a shorty antenna and guess what... not one near miss in 3 years. Go figure.

Old 09-06-2011, 07:28 PM
hddan502
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hope your eye is ok! What eye don't understand is why motorcycles have a eff'n automobile antenna on them anyhow. Next they'll have windshields and stuff.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:19 PM
moonie48
Advanced

Try these.
IF SOMEONE DON'T STEAL IT!!!!!!!

https://antennaballstore.com

Last edited by moonie48; 09-06-2011 at 08:23 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:21 PM
Teardrop
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by CHGO5OH
Turn on the light? Right, I forgot about that one. I'll do that the next time I'm in a outside parking spot. Dark and somewhat illuminated is what it said. Ask questions next time. No lawyer involved yet, but if its worth pursuing then f**k it. Why not? Why do you care anyway? You're not paying for it.

Sorry about your eye accidents do happen but I fail to see how this is the MOCO's fault. Buy the way who do you think pays for the lawyer, them? We pay for everything through the cost of everything we buy from HD. Why don't you take a little responsibility for what happened. The bike was just sitting there it's not like it chased you down and stuck it's antenna in your eye.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:49 PM
CHGO5OH
Tourer

GEEZ! This is insane and hearing the same thing over and over again is just annoying. Even editing certain things to clear things up people still dont get it. Yeah, the bike chased me down and decided to be zoro and poked me in the eye. You got it! Here, read this if you didn't get it already https://www.hdforums.com/industry-ne...t&utm_campaign
I guess you, me, we are gonna pay for this one.
Originally Posted by Teardrop
Sorry about your eye accidents do happen but I fail to see how this is the MOCO's fault. Buy the way who do you think pays for the lawyer, them? We pay for everything through the cost of everything we buy from HD. Why don't you take a little responsibility for what happened. The bike was just sitting there it's not like it chased you down and stuck it's antenna in your eye.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:53 PM
CHGO5OH
Tourer

Your lucky, it happens though.

Originally Posted by petewerner
I read somewhere that someone said they had fixed the problem on newer models, but I wondered what that change was.... just a passing thought... then yesterday I went to look down really fast near the back of my RG and I just about shoved the end of my antenna throught the bottom of my chin/neck!! Now I see what people are talking about!! Dangerous. I put some 1/4 silicone tubing over in and then used some black electrical shrink tubing. Now it looks like a cat tail and the top is soft and flexable...

Last edited by CHGO5OH; 09-06-2011 at 08:56 PM.

Quick Reply: You'll Poke Your Eye Out Kid!