Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You'll Poke Your Eye Out Kid!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 09:01 AM
Desoto
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First Hopperop, do you really need to call him a dumbass. By acting like this you're juste showing everyone you are not the sharpest tool in the shed.

CHGO5OH. Why involve lawyers? Why people in this world always think that someone else is always accountable for ones misshap. Cash settlement or not. If I burn myself with boiling water because the handle of the pot broke, well I'll just put cold water and ointment on the burn. That's it. **** happens. Yeah, Harley could've put a shorty antenna but then someone else would think to sue Harley because of bad radio reception. And then what?

Old 09-06-2011, 09:06 AM
hawg08
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I recommend taking the antenna completely off and using a hidden antenna in your fairing. I've been using one for years with no problems. Additionally, they're easier on the eyes, if you get my drift ;-). Feel better soon!!!

Old 09-06-2011, 09:31 AM
CHOPPIN' CHARLIE
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tough luck & hate to hear it. If you cut off the antenna, ain't the hazard still there, just at another height? Now, climb my stuff for this statement. When they pass the law against texting, cells, and a ton of distracting accesories folks seem to need, include that type of equipment on motorsikles also. A cup holder on handlebars included. I have all types of music available at all areas around home and guess I share it with neighbors. When I'm out with the Black Beauty, (H-D), not the girlfriend, the Rineharts are all I want to hear.

Last edited by CHOPPIN' CHARLIE; 09-06-2011 at 09:36 AM.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:56 AM
BADBREW
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hope you heal soon. Bad set of circumstances. I work and design equipment for meat packing and meat rendering equipment a dangerous line of work for the operators. We have a saying "you can make it idiot proof...you just can't make it damn idiot proof". And yes I have been a damn idiot from time to time as many of us have. Lucky to be alive. Wish you only the best.

Old 09-06-2011, 01:11 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by CHGO5OH
The whole purpose of this post was to let the riders see what happened to me and to be careful. All it took was one idiot to make a joke about it
weird calling another member a idiot??? betcha he didn't poke himself in the eye and then cry about it on a hd forum.. WTF?

Old 09-06-2011, 04:22 PM
CHGO5OH
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the Air Force guys are saying that, you just sealed it. The fact that you use another branch of service and made that comment really makes the MARINES look bad. Thanks!! My personal life has nothing to do with the Marines and again, the fact that you mention Article 15 is another reason why we are called rocks. Thanks again!! No one is getting sued, but I'm sure you read what I posted.

"Air Force people are reading this and laughing at the Marines, don't embarrass your fellow Marines by being a dumb ***".

"you are an embarrassment to our nation".

Old 09-06-2011, 04:25 PM
CHGO5OH
Tourer

Ah man! You just revealed yourself. You just couldn't resist? LMAO!!!

Originally Posted by leohd
weird calling another member a idiot??? betcha he didn't poke himself in the eye and then cry about it on a hd forum.. WTF?

Old 09-06-2011, 04:29 PM
CHGO5OH
Tourer

Not holding anyone accountable & no one is getting sued. Yeah, **** happens and that was the reason for the thread. Just don't understand why people think that I am suing? Maybe if I took the lawyer part out, it probably would not draw so much attention.

Originally Posted by Desoto
First Hopperop, do you really need to call him a dumbass. By acting like this you're juste showing everyone you are not the sharpest tool in the shed.

CHGO5OH. Why involve lawyers? Why people in this world always think that someone else is always accountable for ones misshap. Cash settlement or not. If I burn myself with boiling water because the handle of the pot broke, well I'll just put cold water and ointment on the burn. That's it. **** happens. Yeah, Harley could've put a shorty antenna but then someone else would think to sue Harley because of bad radio reception. And then what?

Old 09-06-2011, 04:32 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Good to hear you will be okay.

When cleaning your bike on a shop chair, watch those clutch and brake levers too!

I have the antenna in the fairing.

~Joe

Old 09-06-2011, 04:37 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by hopperop
A shorter antenna? That is worse than the tall one, all a shorter antenna will do is allow you to gain more speed before you hit it, don't try to force that on me dumb ***, then I’ll have to sue you. You're a Marine, use your brain and stop being a cry baby. So you poked yourself in the eye, that was a pretty stupid thing to do, we all do stupid stuff, just learn from it and don't do it again, make whatever changes you need to prevent it from happening again, including using your brain. Air Force people are reading this and laughing at the Marines, don't embarrass your fellow Marines by being a dumb ***. You don’t need a lawyer, you need to grow up and start taking responsibility for yourself. A warning to others was a good idea, drop the whining it's your fault, poor me, cry baby, sissy *** lawyer crap.

Be a Marine, be all you can be. I’m stupid so I’m going to sue you, that’s great dude. Man up before you get an Article 15, you are an embarrassment to our nation.
That's the US Army, Not Marines.

Quick Reply: You'll Poke Your Eye Out Kid!