Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You'll Poke Your Eye Out Kid!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 10:42 AM
2011RoadKing
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CHGO5OH
but if its worth pursuing then f**k it. Why not? Why do you care anyway? You're not paying for it.

you said "if its worth pursuing" dont you really mean "if you can get someone to pay for your stupidity"?????

well my friend, your wrong!!!! you are exactly whats wrong with this country today. YOU screwed up, YOU bought the bike and knew full well there was an antenna on the *** of it, YOU walked into it, how the hell can you try to blame the moco?? i know this sounds harsh but damnit take some responsibility for YOUR actions, the way your talking and thinking is just plain wrong. it may be hard to see right now(pun intended) but everybody seems to be trying to blame somebody, anybody else for their mistakes, like the mcdonalds coffee thing, there is no way in hell id have awarded any money to the twit that burnt their crotch, it was a ****in accident they caused, not mcd's.

and when you say "your not paying for it", you couldnt be more wrong, you see, frivilous lawsuits and the expensive lawyers involved in frivilous law suits cost money, lots of money. who pays that money genius?????
you think the moco is gonna pay? nope mr genius, they aint losin a dime!!! that 2013 bike will just cost you, me, and all our friends here another increase next year. that parts catalog, the service manual and the new chrome thingamabob just went up $$$ frivilous lawsuits cost each and everyone of us.

Old 09-05-2011, 11:23 AM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 2011RoadKing
you said "if its worth pursuing" dont you really mean "if you can get someone to pay for your stupidity"?????

well my friend, your wrong!!!! you are exactly whats wrong with this country today. YOU screwed up, YOU bought the bike and knew full well there was an antenna on the *** of it, YOU walked into it, how the hell can you try to blame the moco?? i know this sounds harsh but damnit take some responsibility for YOUR actions, the way your talking and thinking is just plain wrong. it may be hard to see right now(pun intended) but everybody seems to be trying to blame somebody, anybody else for their mistakes, like the mcdonalds coffee thing, there is no way in hell id have awarded any money to the twit that burnt their crotch, it was a ****in accident they caused, not mcd's.

and when you say "your not paying for it", you couldnt be more wrong, you see, frivilous lawsuits and the expensive lawyers involved in frivilous law suits cost money, lots of money. who pays that money genius?????
you think the moco is gonna pay? nope mr genius, they aint losin a dime!!! that 2013 bike will just cost you, me, and all our friends here another increase next year. that parts catalog, the service manual and the new chrome thingamabob just went up $$$ frivilous lawsuits cost each and everyone of us.
+1 Well Said! When Someone at My work cut's Thier finger, Burns Themselves, etc., thru Thier own fault, They will blame something or Someone else. Not to many of Us will take Personal responsibilty, for Our actions nowadays.

Old 09-05-2011, 11:37 AM
julesdain
Road Captain

Received 99 Likes on 62 Posts

Have to say that you don't have a hope in hell of getting the MOCO to pay you a dime. The previous posters are quite correct that it was your fault that you injured your eye. You've even written that yourself in your first post that you were aware of the problem and had almost done it before. Doors on a car are heavy and you slam your fingers in it, is Ford, Honda etc at fault? No, you are. I understand your thoughts about making something safer i.e the antenna but suing is not the right road to travel on this.

I hope your eye heals 100%

Last edited by julesdain; 09-05-2011 at 11:39 AM.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:40 AM
gred-04
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad your ok. Certainly could have been worse.

+2 on 2011RoadKing. Man is speaking with alot of common sense.

Old 09-05-2011, 12:15 PM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

Did you shorten your antenna???

I will say this - your posting just may have save someone from the same accident. I am sitting here with a broken foot (ladder fall) my fault because I took a short cut in saftey and fell. These short antenna's are just that - a short cut in saftey - meaning we do something we think will work better while not thinking of 'is this saftey.

Old 09-05-2011, 12:29 PM
pappy42
Cruiser
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 90 Likes on 51 Posts

Semper Fi Brother(s), hope the eye heals fully. You're living proof that a Marine eyeball is tougher than a Harley antenna.

Old 09-05-2011, 01:19 PM
jitter
Intermediate

Here's a quick and cheap eye-dea (sorry)
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...e-antenna.html

Old 09-05-2011, 01:31 PM
Rickr01
Club Member
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by hdtrader
...why should he joke...he just about lost his eye on that damn antenna. Harley-Davidson needs to make a change to it.
This country seems to be going to hell in a hand basket. I think I'll sue the company that made my breakfast cereal spoon...I was in a hurry and stuffed it in my mouth too quicky and chipped my tooth! For crying out loud!
Theres a post here somewhere where somebody just pulled the antenna forward and tie wrapped it down behind the saddle bag. Couldn't even see it, cost nothing but a few tie wraps and it still worked fine. Glad your eyes ok.

Last edited by Rickr01; 09-05-2011 at 01:35 PM.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:57 PM
chateau
Cruiser

If you make it shorter, you'll have more momentum speed bending down, could be worse.

Old 09-05-2011, 06:05 PM
caspr2
Tourer

Why not? Why do you care anyway? You're not paying for it.[/quote]

We are all paying for BS lawsuits. This accident was your fault and your fault alone.
Sorry that you polked yourself in the eye.

Quick Reply: You'll Poke Your Eye Out Kid!