Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V/H dresser duals with Rinehart slipon's

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 04:27 PM
kdfoster
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V/H dresser duals with Rinehart slipon's

I have a 2011 Ultra with 4" Rineharts. I just ordered V/H dresser duals and SE a/c. My question is , once I get these installed what will be the difference be in sound level? I want to cool the engine and pipes down, but I really don't want something too loud where I can't hear my self think either.

Old 08-12-2011, 06:56 PM
kdfoster
Cruiser

I guess no one has this set up. The good thing is, I'll be cooling everything down.

Old 08-12-2011, 07:09 PM
Deuuuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I have the dresser duals with the V&H Monster Rounds. Definitely cools it down, provided your tune is good. I took out the baffles in the monster rounds and it was too loud.

I took off the fiberglass wrap around the baffles because it was too quiet.

I think you'll like the set-up a lot.

Old 08-13-2011, 10:55 AM
RHillbilly
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have dresser duals with 3.5 rineharts sound good when you get on it not real loud going down road can still hear stereo the 4" will probably just be a little deeper I think you will be happy also will run alot cooler

Old 08-13-2011, 10:58 AM
RHillbilly
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

make sure you put a pcv or some other tuner contact fuel moto they sell the pcv and have great customer service

Old 08-13-2011, 11:08 AM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,574 Likes on 1,498 Posts

I have that setup with the SEPST. It runs great,and sounds awesome. I think you will be happy.

Old 08-13-2011, 12:56 PM
nutsandbolts5212
Road Warrior

Received 801 Likes on 358 Posts

You will need a fuel management tune for what you are doing. Do some research as to what you want, i.e., SE tuners, TTS Mastertune, Power Commander, etc. There are a few out there and a proper tune will get you that cooler engine. AS far as sound, I run rinehart TD's and love them, hopefully you have heard your setup already on a another bike, which is why you are getting it, right? Ride hard and ride safe!

Old 08-13-2011, 04:45 PM
dukdog
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Got the Vance & Hines power duals with CFR's. The headers made the sound of the CFR's much deeper but not appreciably louder. Tuned by the guru at the dealer. Couldn't be happier.

Old 08-13-2011, 07:32 PM
hdman
Road Captain

I have a 11 Ultra Limited. Just ordered V/H Dresser Dual, 4 in Rineharts, Stage one Air,
PC-V with map from Fuel Moto. From what I have read, seen, and heard, I think I will be
a happy camper with this set up. I have had Rinehart True Duals on 2 other Harleys and
was very pleased with their performance. I would have gotten the Extreme True Duals
headers from Rinehart, but just did not like the look of the X pipe configuration on the
right side........
hdman

Old 08-13-2011, 10:55 PM
jerseyjeff62
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i put the dresser duals on 2012 SG and the dealer had a problem with the heat shield hitting the floorboard mounting bracket,i mated them with python predator slip ons wow not so much at idle but when you get on them nice deep punch

Quick Reply: V/H dresser duals with Rinehart slipon's