Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V/H dresser duals with Rinehart slipon's

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 07:00 AM
jev41
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the information - please see my response here:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...e-duals-3.html

Old 05-29-2012, 09:28 AM
Nicky Pass
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Rinehart 4"s work just fine with Vance and Hines Dresser Duals....

Old 05-31-2012, 12:39 AM
Harley Hound57
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jev41
Sorry to reply to an old thread, but I must be missing something.. Can anyone explain how they are using the 4" Rineharts with V&H Dresser Duals? The inlet on the 4" Riney's are 2" where the DD's are 1-3/4?

I wanted to do this to my '12 FLHTK but spoke with both manufacturers who both confirmed it wasn't possible. The 3.5" Riney's would work.

Installed my 4" Rineharts tonight on my Dresser Duals all i can say is it sounds SWEEEET!

Old 05-31-2012, 01:06 AM
steveg56
Road Captain
Received 75 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by CT-Bagger
I have dresser duals I just put on after switching from Power duals.
ran both sets with twin slash ovals.
The dresser duals are much louder and really growl when you get on it.
With 4" slip ons it will be deep but you will probably like it.
Did you notice any performance differences with two? It would be interesting to hear from someone who actually had both to confirm/deny the torque loss with the Dresser Duals vs Power Duals. Please fill us in as I'm back and forth on the two. I really want duals for the sound, but I would hate to give up torque just for sound.

Old 06-04-2012, 03:01 AM
Joe6Pack
Intermediate

Originally Posted by steveg56
Did you notice any performance differences with two? It would be interesting to hear from someone who actually had both to confirm/deny the torque loss with the Dresser Duals vs Power Duals. Please fill us in as I'm back and forth on the two. I really want duals for the sound, but I would hate to give up torque just for sound.
Ditto... torn between these two options myself. Dresser duals vs power duals with Rinehart 4".

Old 06-04-2012, 07:24 AM
Joe6Pack
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Joe6Pack
Ditto... torn between these two options myself. Dresser duals vs power duals with Rinehart 4".
As with most questions asked on this forum, they've usually been answered at least once. Found a pretty good post on this here. Page 2 has a couple more links to basically the same question.

From what I gather, the DDs sound better (subjective) but the PDs have better low end torque. The PDs also have a higher tendency to scrape on hard right turns under the x-pipe heat shield (especially if you've done any lowering). Questionable whether any performance difference is really noticeable with a straight stage 1 set up. So if you're only going stage 1 pick the one you like the most.

That's how I summed it up at least. Looks like I'm going with the DDs based on my styling preference... no plans for anything past stage 1 in the near future.

Old 06-20-2012, 08:29 PM
Merlot Glide11
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Nicky Pass
Rinehart 4"s work just fine with Vance and Hines Dresser Duals....

Your Bike looks awesome! any more pics you can share?

Old 06-21-2012, 12:37 AM
Deuuuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe6Pack
From what I gather, the DDs sound better (subjective) but the PDs have better low end torque. The PDs also have a higher tendency to scrape on hard right turns under the x-pipe heat shield (especially if you've done any lowering). Questionable whether any performance difference is really noticeable with a straight stage 1 set up. So if you're only going stage 1 pick the one you like the most.
The DDs also scraped on the right side (we were 2-up on the SG) and prompted me to go with the taller EG shocks (then the Ohlins).

I looked at it like this: We preferred the smoother, more integrated look of the DDs and whatever tradeoff in terms of power or torque wasn't going to be missed our 103 with the T-max and intake.