Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V/H dresser duals with Rinehart slipon's

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 11:06 PM
ringer19
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have vance and hines x pipe and 4 inch rineharts, sounds great , you will enjoy

Old 08-14-2011, 12:39 AM
Rutland
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm getting this same setup on my Ultra Classic CVO.
V& H Dresser duals with Rinehart 4" slip on mufflers & 2.25" baffles. And SERT
Already running the the Rinehart's now, but want to try and cool it down some.

Old 08-16-2011, 08:58 PM
RoadGlideGary
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the basic set up you are looking for. added the V&H DD after the Rinehart SlipOns and the change made a significant change in the noise - good. soft at cruising speed and bark when you add the wrist. Some say lose of tourque at the low end - maybe true but what is missing at the low end you make up from the mid range and up. temps are way down - little to no heat. no regrets and lots of room for a displacement upgrade if you go that direction.

Old 08-16-2011, 09:06 PM
RoadGlideGary
Tourer

Originally Posted by jerseyjeff62
i put the dresser duals on 2012 SG and the dealer had a problem with the heat shield hitting the floorboard mounting bracket,i mated them with python predator slip ons wow not so much at idle but when you get on them nice deep punch

I would say your "dealer" forgot to put the spacer washers in to offset the floorboard away from the heatshield. It is an easy shortcut to the install but the result is exactly what you experienced. sometimes a fraction is as good as an inch - especially if you know what you are doing.

Old 08-16-2011, 09:31 PM
CT-Bagger
Road Master

I have dresser duals I just put on after switching from Power duals.
ran both sets with twin slash ovals.
The dresser duals are much louder and really growl when you get on it.
With 4" slip ons it will be deep but you will probably like it.

Old 08-17-2011, 08:37 AM
jerseyjeff62
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by meachamgw
I would say your "dealer" forgot to put the spacer washers in to offset the floorboard away from the heatshield. It is an easy shortcut to the install but the result is exactly what you experienced. sometimes a fraction is as good as an inch - especially if you know what you are doing.
i ask the SM that he said they put the spacer in and it wasn't hitting the floorboard but hitting the mounting bracket that connects to the frame

Old 08-17-2011, 07:42 PM
RoadGlideGary
Tourer

Originally Posted by jerseyjeff62
i ask the SM that he said they put the spacer in and it wasn't hitting the floorboard but hitting the mounting bracket that connects to the frame

Possible but wierd - sounds more like a damage issue or sloppy installation. Oh well - enjoy it and ride it because you don't know what tomorrow will bring. Ride safe and often.

Old 05-25-2012, 08:20 PM
jev41
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V&H DD w/4" Rineharts!?

Sorry to reply to an old thread, but I must be missing something.. Can anyone explain how they are using the 4" Rineharts with V&H Dresser Duals? The inlet on the 4" Riney's are 2" where the DD's are 1-3/4?

I wanted to do this to my '12 FLHTK but spoke with both manufacturers who both confirmed it wasn't possible. The 3.5" Riney's would work.

Old 05-25-2012, 10:32 PM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,574 Likes on 1,498 Posts

The Rinehart slipons will work with V&H or most other head pipe. If you have a Rinehart true dual setup the inlet is 2",which pretty much means you are stuck if you ever want to change the head pipe. I think BUB might make a header that will fit,but I can't be positive.

Old 05-26-2012, 12:27 AM
Harley Hound57
Road Captain

Originally Posted by jev41
Sorry to reply to an old thread, but I must be missing something.. Can anyone explain how they are using the 4" Rineharts with V&H Dresser Duals? The inlet on the 4" Riney's are 2" where the DD's are 1-3/4?

I wanted to do this to my '12 FLHTK but spoke with both manufacturers who both confirmed it wasn't possible. The 3.5" Riney's would work.

I just ordered a set of 4" slip-ons.

SKU: 500-0102
NEW 1995-2012 4 Inch Slip-on Muffler Chrome *Do not adjust stock ECU settings with Rinehart slip-ons on 2009-2012 H-D Touring models with stock head pipes. **This part will not fit Rinehart Racing stepped header systems.

Quick Reply: V/H dresser duals with Rinehart slipon's