Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 Smart Security System

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 10:46 PM
07ultrahd4me
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Smart Security System

I purchased a Smart Security System thinking I could install it myself but have run into a few problems. I didn't realize until I got home and opened the box that I would need an Electrical Diagnostic Manual for installation so I searched here and checked the do it your self section for some answers. This is how far I got:

I got the TSSM installed and got it "married" to the ECM. The bike will start and runs fine but I cannot get the system to arm. I'm assumeing this is because the Fob has not been assigned to the system and/or I don't have the pin set for disarming the system manually. Can I assign the Fob to the system or is this something the dealer has to do? What about the pin assignment? I tried what was in the do it yourself section but had no luck.

Old 11-13-2006, 11:06 PM
DeathWind
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 07 Smart Security System

It looks like you may have to take it in. Here are some notes from the 2007 pre-delivery setup manual and the security system quickstart quide:

Manual:
Beginning with the 2007 model year, setting the PIN is mandatory on security system equipped vehicles and can only be done via DIGITAL TECHNICIAN. See the ELECTRICAL DIAGNOSTIC MANUAL for the correct procedure.

Quick Start Quide:
During Set-Up, the technician will need to use Digital Technician to assign the Hands Free Fobs. The new bar code reader should be used to enter the 24 character number from the bar code on the fob. Once assigned, the fobs should be tested immediately using Digital Technician. The fobs have to be assigned and the PIN must be assigned to enable the system. It doesnโ€™t matter what order this is done in. Since the system is self-arming, it is absolutely important that the customer has the PIN and knows what to do (keep card) in the event that the fob is lost or misplaced. Tech Tip: Save the sheet that is attached to the carton when vehicle is uncrated and scan in the bar code to fill in the VIN when starting the process with Digital Technician.

Old 11-15-2006, 07:41 PM
07ultrahd4me
Novice

Thanks for the Info! I just had to laugh... Harley found yet another way to make money on alarm systems.

Old 12-21-2006, 01:52 PM
Crazie
Cruiser

Doggone it. I'm in exactly the same boat. Tried searching all over the web and its looking like the dealer with his Digital Technician is the only way to do it. Wouldn't be so bad but I live on a small island and it's a royal pain to get to the dealer. (Not that I need a security system here but it sure is nice when I make trips to the mainland.)

Old 12-21-2006, 02:29 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Its like this, best is Factory install, second best, Dealer install, last Self install. This is true of anything complicated, like alarms, radios, engine/trans upgrades and a host of others. If your having problems let the dealer finish the install. At least you can then put your trust in it when you park it somewhere.

Old 12-21-2006, 03:25 PM
Custom07RKC
Outstanding HDF Member

I agree with gunrunner. That's why I just ordered my bike with it already installed. I figured I would want it after the fact and then have to do it myself or have the stealer rob me a bit more.