Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S&S Power Tune Duals on a 2012 Limited

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 08:11 AM
Cadplumber
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S&S Power Tune Duals on a 2012 Limited

I just picked up 2012 Ultra Limited. After I get to 1000 miles I was going to add SE air flow, SE 255 cams, SERTP, and Rinehart Extreme True Duals. My tuner says that setup will not give me the horsepower and low end torque I need to be quicker than all my partners baggers! LOL. He suggested the S&S Power Tune Duals and a good slip-on. My question is: Is anyone running these S&S pipes with a similar setup as me? It has been really hard finding information on these pipes, let alone these pipes and slip-ons. Thanks for your replies.

Old 08-12-2011, 08:28 AM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,301 Likes on 781 Posts

Looks like a good system, the crossover pipe is a definite plus. Probably wont perform as well as a 2 into 1 into 2 or a 2 into 1. But if you want that true dual look I would say it's a good alternative over just the true dual set up without the crossover.

Old 08-12-2011, 09:13 AM
Cadplumber
Intermediate

Originally Posted by KCFLHTK
Looks like a good system, the crossover pipe is a definite plus. Probably wont perform as well as a 2 into 1 into 2 or a 2 into 1. But if you want that true dual look I would say it's a good alternative over just the true dual set up without the crossover.
Yes, my tuner did say the best was to add a 2 into 1. I really don't care for the look. He said the S&S headers were posting some really nice dyno numbers and wouldn't be giving up too much compared to the 2 into 1's

Old 08-12-2011, 09:20 AM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,301 Likes on 781 Posts

They sure look nice but I haven't heard of anyone running them. You may be the first.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:19 AM
2005 Roadking
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a set on my 05 Roadking. Fit & finish is very good. 95 in. bigbore with Andrews 26's, Thundermax, & stock heads. Not dynoed yet, but noticeable difference beween stock headpipes & true duels I had before. The only issue I noted was that on 5 speeds there in not much clearance to check trans. oil.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:52 AM
Cadplumber
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 2005 Roadking
I have a set on my 05 Roadking. Fit & finish is very good. 95 in. bigbore with Andrews 26's, Thundermax, & stock heads. Not dynoed yet, but noticeable difference beween stock headpipes & true duels I had before. The only issue I noted was that on 5 speeds there in not much clearance to check trans. oil.
What mufflers are you running?

Old 08-13-2011, 08:42 AM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts

Looks like your tuner has you eating right out of his hand.

Old 08-13-2011, 09:45 AM
2005 Roadking
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

3.5 in s&s quite tours.

Old 08-13-2011, 12:37 PM
EaglesRfree
Intermediate

i am running the S&S power tune dual head pipes (and SPO slip ons) on a 2009 ultra, i do like the mounting system better than the stock system. The stock "cross under" mounts to the transmission door and has caused some problems with those fasteners coming loose. The S&S system mounts with 2 bolts to the tranny case at pan bolt locations. A true 2 into one will perform better - just by design, however this S&S pipe does come very close to the 2 into 1 while still keeping both duals working. There are systems out there to give you the dual look - but have the left muffler "dead" and a fake crossover. The S&S head pipe has a much smaller "crossover" section than the stock (about half) that came with mine. It also has the large O2 bungs at the upper end of the head pipe, and not an issue for me - it may be for those who stay with the stock O2 sensors. I installed a TMAX with the wide band O2 sensors, and MaxFlow Air cleaner at the same time... no cams, or big bore YET. All together made a VERY noticable increase in torque and throttle response. S&S claims 7 - 10 HP increase ..... seat of the pants and no dyno numbers to back it up ... I'd say yes ... but that is in combination with the air cleaner and the TMAX TBW. Just rode 5600 miles with a buddy and his 2010 ultra - stock - I was able to out pull him pretty easily, more noticable torque to both him and myself as we pulled uphill grades, and we did have a very strong (30 kts - gusts to 40) straight on the nose wind going through South Dakota, he was maxed out on the throttle trying to maintain 80 on the freeway, (bike physics then of 110 mph), and had to back off the throttle to keep it from running wide open. I had no issues what so ever. All in all nice system, almost a 2 into 1 performance in my opinion. Love the SPO's too ... nice note and not loud.

Old 08-13-2011, 01:59 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

1.) with the problems you have had- do you want to do this work while the warranty is in effect?

Mike

Quick Reply: S&S Power Tune Duals on a 2012 Limited