Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lake of the Ozarks

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 03:53 PM
davep
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lake of the Ozarks

Going to the lake of the ozarks this weekend staying in Osage Beach. any recommendations on where to eat and stay in the general area. Also, hear about a BarBQ restaurant in Richland, MO in a cave? Thanks for you recommendations......

Old 08-10-2011, 04:01 PM
skdvr
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems like every time I am down there the restaurants change. Never been real disappointed in food there. Usually when I am down there it is burgers and beer most of the time. Been to a few of the nicer restaurants a few times but again they have changed hands so many times.

As far as places to stay I wont be much help there either. I have family and friends with places down there, so that is where I usually stay. I did stay at a little motel once that is on KK just before you get to Tan-Tar-A resort. Nothing fancy, but a clean room to lay my head. One of my buddies worked at Tan-Tar-A a couple of summers when he was in college and I was there to visit him at the bar. Looked like a nice place. I would be this time of year staying at one of the resorts could be tough without reservations. Some of the smaller places should not be a problem though. Lots of places in the Osage Beach area.

You should have a good time down there...

Phil

Old 08-10-2011, 04:30 PM
harleyboy63401
Road Captain
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

The Cave is Cool and unlike anything you will experience! Good Food and just a complete unique place! Do it if you can!!

Old 08-10-2011, 04:33 PM
vtwinbob
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

liked mentioned there are tons of places to stay in the Osage area that are nice, as far as good times and food, then ya have to check out (shady's at the lake) it's a nice place. from there you'll be able to get more info on the area as far as bikeing goes and were to go to check out the area a little more for things to do, here is there web site enjoy your trip http://www.shadysatthelake.com/

Old 08-10-2011, 04:33 PM
JonW
Road Warrior
Received 348 Likes on 157 Posts

If you like Mexican food, try El Jimador in Osage Beach. Very good.

Old 08-10-2011, 04:39 PM
fzggm4
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Pamper yourself, stay at the Lodge of the Four Seasons.

Old 08-10-2011, 07:02 PM
Sledge Hammer
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Find someone with a boat and catch a ride to party cove

Old 08-10-2011, 09:22 PM
riff1006
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The BBQ joint in the cave near Richland is a cool place, but last couple times I was there, I wasn't impressed with the food.

Old 08-10-2011, 10:27 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 704 Likes on 350 Posts

I'll be there next week, staying at Frankie & Louie's Campground. Never been to the area, looking forward to it. Taking my bike along, gotta be some good riding around there.

Old 08-11-2011, 07:42 AM
PDDGM
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are not comfortable riding on gravel roads, then the Cave might not be a good choice. Wobbly Boots on Bus 54 has great BBQ, there is a new place on the Strip called Burnt Ends that is suppose to be good. I like Bootleggers on the main drag across from Hyvee. Motels are a dime a dozen, some of the mom and pops are great some are not so hot. Depends on your checkbook and what you consider a good deal. There are several chain motels up and down 54 so finding a room isn't a problem sometimes. This is Hot Summer Nights on the Strip at Bagnell Dam with Brewer and Shipley concert, so rooms on that side of town(at least for Friday)might be a problem...

Joe

Quick Reply: Lake of the Ozarks