Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lake of the Ozarks

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 09:00 AM
longrideshields-1
Premium Sponsor
Received 75 Likes on 47 Posts

If you want a little fancy food. You HAVE TO go to J Bruners and have the batter fried lobster and onion rings. Trust me on this, it is the best thing EVER! I haven't been there for a few years and the last time that I was, I heard the ownership changed hands but it was still amazing. People out here think I'm crazy when I say batter fried lobster but it is truly my favorite dish I have ever had. I make sure to go there ever time I'm back there visiting. You haven't lived until you have had this. Good idea to get the filet and lobster as the lobster portion is still big. So worth it. Amazing. Don't forget the onion rings!

General Inquiries:
Info@LongRideShields.com
Sales and Marketing:
Sales@LongRideShields.com
Phone:

Old 08-11-2011, 09:15 AM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,300 Likes on 780 Posts

I like Bandana's BBQ in Osage Beach. The roads down there have changed a lot. If you haven't been there for a while it is kinda confusing on 54. I usually stay at a place called the Quails Nest, nothing fancy but clean. The Inn at the Grand Glaze use to be nice too. There is a small Harley dealer down there also on 54 if you want to pick up a t-shirt.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:18 AM
SIDECAR BOB
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by vtwinbob
liked mentioned there are tons of places to stay in the Osage area that are nice, as far as good times and food, then ya have to check out (shady's at the lake) it's a nice place. from there you'll be able to get more info on the area as far as bikeing goes and were to go to check out the area a little more for things to do, here is there web site enjoy your trip http://www.shadysatthelake.com/

+1 Shady's at the Lake
Osage Village Inn\\ 573-348-5207 up by the outlet mall had nice clean rooms , decent price nothing real fancy, near a lot of the restaurants and stuff, had a pool.
Wobbly Boots bar and grill is nice too

Old 08-11-2011, 01:11 PM
PDDGM
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

One of the best rides, if you like curves, is to take 54 to Bus 54(Denny's Restaurant)ride down thru the strip, across the dam and turn left on W. Follow W to Versailles(about 24 miles or so). Get on 5 ride back south till you come to the toll bridge sign, follow them across the bridge(3.00) and you are back on Bus 54. Turn left to go back to 54 or right to the strip area. It's a nice ride, with lots of places to eat/drink on Hwy 5. You also ride 5 to Camdenton and get on 54 toward Osage Beach. Mexicalli Blues Restaurant is a great place to eat mexican and it's just across the road from the Lake Ozark Harley Davidson.

Joe

Old 08-11-2011, 03:15 PM
skdvr
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PDDGM
One of the best rides, if you like curves, is to take 54 to Bus 54(Denny's Restaurant)ride down thru the strip, across the dam and turn left on W. Follow W to Versailles(about 24 miles or so). Get on 5 ride back south till you come to the toll bridge sign, follow them across the bridge(3.00) and you are back on Bus 54. Turn left to go back to 54 or right to the strip area. It's a nice ride, with lots of places to eat/drink on Hwy 5. You also ride 5 to Camdenton and get on 54 toward Osage Beach. Mexicalli Blues Restaurant is a great place to eat mexican and it's just across the road from the Lake Ozark Harley Davidson.

Joe
Joe, does this look right?

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Un...=14&via=2&z=11

Looks like a fun ride.

Phil

Old 08-11-2011, 07:42 PM
nitrobrother
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 on Bandanas. Several choices of BBQ sauce and the sausage was pretty good. Once you get off the main crawl there aren't too many bad roads down there. On the south side, taking 54 out of Camdenton, take J north to 7, east on 7 to NN, then back south to 54 is a nice loop.

Old 08-12-2011, 08:22 PM
BackRoader
Road Master
Received 105 Likes on 84 Posts

Don't forget to stop in at the HD dealer in Osage Beach.

Old 08-15-2011, 05:58 PM
davep
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the input from everyone. Caught in the rain Friday afternoon but managed to get there. Had a wonderful time and good riding on some of the best road i have riden in along time. Cave restaurant was alright..one of trips you would make once saying I was there. Gravel roads are not my cup of tea getting to it. Again, thanks for all the input.....