Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

awesome manual compression release install pic's

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 07:07 PM
dsonnenberg
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do the manual release valves work? I mean do you physically have to release pressure by pulling or twisting them or what?

Old 10-13-2011, 08:43 PM
speakerfritz
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by troop
What is your ccp? Generally 185 is the threshold for cr's. You may just be lucky. Very cheap insurance while the heads are off...
I'm one of those folks that has dieseling when the bike is already warm and you try to restart....like riding into a gas station and attempting to start it after the fil. The compression release will bleed off the pressure in the combustion chamber so I would get normal starts. On paper, after my DIY upgrade, I'll be at 10.5:1 to 11.0:1(According to the SE chart), which would put compression over 185.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:46 PM
speakerfritz
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by dsonnenberg
How do the manual release valves work? I mean do you physically have to release pressure by pulling or twisting them or what?
the manual release just need to be pushed down. once the bike starts up, the engine pressure will push them back out. Auto releases are wired into your start button. I like the manuals beeter becuase it lets the pressure bleed off longer and is more obvious to tell if you have an MCR/ACR failure. ACR's are usally installed under the rocker boxes bases and would be a pain to trouble shoot.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:48 PM
speakerfritz
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Yukon42
For my money the manuals are the way to go. If one has problems just remove it, clean and reinstall, or replace it. With an automatic you have more that can go wrong with it and if you need to replace/remove it, a lot more work.
ditto...and the MCR's let the pressure bleed off for a longer period. ACRs only bleed off when you hit the start button.

Old 10-14-2011, 05:56 PM
dsonnenberg
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Makes sense to me, thanks for the info. I'm planning on installing Fuel motos 107 kit was just wondering if the releaswe valves are worth it. From what I have read it seems it is worth it and doesn't seem to cost that much to install. I'm probably going with manual ones based on what speakerfritz mentioned. Thanks again

Originally Posted by speakerfritz
the manual release just need to be pushed down. once the bike starts up, the engine pressure will push them back out. Auto releases are wired into your start button. I like the manuals beeter becuase it lets the pressure bleed off longer and is more obvious to tell if you have an MCR/ACR failure. ACR's are usally installed under the rocker boxes bases and would be a pain to trouble shoot.

Old 04-04-2020, 10:44 AM
F150HD
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,292 Likes on 850 Posts

I'd like manuals on my 2008.

Is there a manual release design anywhere that installs directly into the plug hole then the plug installs through it? would save disassembly and drilling etc. That would be a huge timesaver on install.

Old thread I know.

Old 04-04-2020, 04:22 PM
dyna rider
Club Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Default CRs

I have the manual releases on my 06 Dyna . It's cr is about 10.5 to 1 and it makes it a lot easier on the starter, especially when the bike is hot. I always punch them open when I first shut down the motor because they get hot when they heat soak at a gas station or a necessary stop. It's so simple just to run these and not have to worry about the ecm or installing a new harness to accommodate the acrs.