Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A few Pics from the weekend

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 10:37 AM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default A few Pics from the weekend

Had a great trip o the Smoky Mountains last weekend. We did 4 days and a little over 1500 miles. Rode down Thursday 435 miles from my house to the Cherohala Sky way then rode it, the Dragon and the Foothills Parkway before going to the hotel that night, we ended with 575 miles on thursday. Friday we rode the Dragon, part of the moonshiners 28, and part of Blue Ridge parkway, Saturday was just messing around and rode the dragon a couple of times before heading home sunday.

The cops were out thick on the dragon because someone was killed the day before we got there, so between the traffic and the cops you had to watch your speed but it was still fun. We also came up on a wreck on the CHerohala Sky way but once he come to he seemed to be fine.

Was a good reminder to be careful at stay within your ability.

Just a few of way to many pics to post.

Old 08-10-2011, 10:41 AM
usmc3468
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice Pics....Looks like you may need a new exhaust after those corners. I will be down there in 3 weeks, any other suggestions for down there???

Old 08-10-2011, 10:43 AM
ACRoadKing
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those are some great shots. Looks like you had a blast!

Old 08-10-2011, 10:50 AM
bberck
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by usmc3468
Nice Pics....Looks like you may need a new exhaust after those corners. I will be down there in 3 weeks, any other suggestions for down there???
Foothills Parkway is a nice ride. 18 miles and very little traffic. We
stayed in Gatlinburg so we rode this several times getting to the dragon or back to the hotel.

Of course the Dragon is fun and the CHerohala skyway is great but I would of liked to of run more of Blue Ridge parkway. It was really nice and wasnt much traffic. We just ran it up to the highest point then came back.

I wouldnt recommend the Moonshiner 28. The beginning is ok from the Dragon but then the scenary isnt much. Some decent curvy rodes but it didnt keep our interest. They say it gets better closer to georgia and SC but we turned around.

Old 08-10-2011, 11:02 AM
DOORDOC
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice pics.
we just did the same trip about 2 weeks ago. 1700 miles round trip from illinois. we rode the dragon early afternoon on a sunday, hardly anybody on there, which made it great.

Old 08-10-2011, 11:46 AM
bberck
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by DOORDOC
Nice pics.
we just did the same trip about 2 weeks ago. 1700 miles round trip from illinois. we rode the dragon early afternoon on a sunday, hardly anybody on there, which made it great.
Ya when we rode it thursday night there was hardly anyone on it. Photographers had all went home for the day already as well.

We got there later than planned friday and it was pretty busy. Couldnt run fast but it wasnt to slow. Saturday wasnt bad at all going south and ran a pretty good pace but we pulled off and waited twice going back north after catching backed up traffic.

Old 08-10-2011, 11:47 AM
Duke02
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great pics!!!! I love the BRP! When you saw the pics, were you surprised at how low you were on the Dragon? I know I was! Great fun and great scenery!

If you can get off of the "popular" roads, you really can't go wrong up there...

(Be sure to go back in October though!!!)

Old 08-10-2011, 11:50 AM
bberck
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Duke02
Great pics!!!! I love the BRP! When you saw the pics, were you surprised at how low you were on the Dragon? I know I was! Great fun and great scenery!
Wasnt real suprised since I could hear in grinding in the corners lol

Old 08-10-2011, 12:02 PM
sporacer
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Awesome picks!! I have done a few trips down there. I have riden the BRP from start to finish and the CHerohala skyway is awesome . The dragon Is a been there done that road. There are much better roads down there.

Old 08-10-2011, 12:03 PM
easycruzer
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default pics

Cool Pics...at some of those angles you can even check underneath your bike for any leaks without jacking it up!!

Thanks for posting them, I hope to do that ride next year.

Dave

Quick Reply: A few Pics from the weekend