Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no international shipping-whats up with that

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 12:48 PM
Mixter
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have been having parts shipped to a us address close to the border for a while. The wrench will be not being able to use my Canadian credit card...maybe paypal will work.

Old 08-11-2011, 07:45 PM
ballbreaker69
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

thanks for all ideas and input. WHERE THERE IS A WILL THERE IS A WAY.

Old 08-13-2011, 05:40 AM
dansflhti
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by ballbreaker69
Further to my exploring this problem of purchasing HD parts in the USA. A few of the members have suggested having it sent to a USA address and picking it up from there. I have used Pembina Parcel in the past for non Harley items with great success. One of the dealers in the USA that I was in contact with sent me an email stating that they will not accept payment by an international credit card as it shows that you are not a US resident. So the next question is how to pay on line without using a international credit card and giving up where you live.
If I'm down in the USA on a road trip,will these dealers accept my "International credit card" for an oil change,tire or T-shirt etc...?

Old 08-13-2011, 12:25 PM
White Ice
Stellar HDF Member
Received 418 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by dansflhti
If I'm down in the USA on a road trip,will these dealers accept my "International credit card" for an oil change,tire or T-shirt etc...?
Yes they will do sales in person. (so far) They just won't do international cc sales over the phone or online.

Old 08-13-2011, 05:12 PM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,866 Likes on 2,429 Posts

Hopefully Harley will find themselves up in front of a judge in a foreign land before too long, for breaking protectionist or restrictive trade laws. It might be fine in the USA, but I doubt if it is worldwide!

As for Canada, we had a thread on this a while ago and it seems the entire Canadian supply chain for Harley things is stitched up by a single importer. Goes back to when they separated from AMF IIRC.

Old 08-14-2011, 08:55 AM
ballbreaker69
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Maybe this will provide some motivation for aftermarket companies to compete a little more on products for Harley. If it is the Canadian Dealers that were whining about making less money that has caused this problem then I think that there are many indy's that are going to be making more money off accessories and service. Heard that as of Jan.1/2012 that Harley is not allowing anymore Ebay sales as well. Hope they enjoy this as I will not be using their dealer system at all unless I break down on the road and there are not any other optiions. If more Harley riders in Canada chose not to use their local dealer and used other options [ indy's or did the work themselves] it might change a few things. Maybe yes, Maybe not. Just my opinion.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:40 AM
robertg
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Has anyone figured out how to get around this yet? I have a USA address to ship and it's confirmed by Pay Pal, however they still won't do it. I guess they can tell the Pay Pal account is registered in Canada. I'm thinking maybe getting a USA bank account may be my next step.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:53 AM
Ribaldmanikin
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Indy's aren't going to be making more money. From what I understand they can't sell HD parts either.

For a US virtual address service, the cheapest I've found is http://www.usa2me.com/.

As far as the paypal issue goes, is the shipping address generated by Paypal a Canadian address?

Old 11-02-2011, 11:55 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,866 Likes on 2,429 Posts

Originally Posted by robertg
Has anyone figured out how to get around this yet? I have a USA address to ship and it's confirmed by Pay Pal, however they still won't do it. I guess they can tell the Pay Pal account is registered in Canada. I'm thinking maybe getting a USA bank account may be my next step.
There are dealers on Ebay still advertising that they ship International. Take a look and contact one of them direct.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:58 AM
pit1600
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Same problem here in France. Here the price are twice and in €, a $50 part become €100...
I tried to purchase and send it to a friend in NY but it won't work too. You must have a US Paypal account...
I hope US dealers are going to do something, they lost a lot of money without these international sales

Quick Reply: no international shipping-whats up with that