Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Honest Review of Motorcycle Metal and Ohlins

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 07:28 PM
dnitram
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

People do business with people that are easiest to do business with. Just saying.

Old 08-09-2011, 07:30 PM
07RoadHawg
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by qtrracer
Wow, what happened so bad with Howard at Motorcycle Metal that you have this kind of resentment towards him? Just curious.
Originally Posted by flyingace
What resentment? Just sayin' it like it is. Just ask him. Better yet, read the threads on this and other forums. Plenty of them. Despite what some fanboys would like you to believe.
Originally Posted by 07RoadHawg
I think I'm starting to understand now.
Originally Posted by flyingace
I doubt it, but think what you wanna think.
Hmmm, lets see. No personal experience with him or buying his products, just what you read on the internet? I believe everything I read on the web too.

He runs a business where his primary customers and income are not the ones of us on this forum that have bought a set of shocks from him. He doesn't need us to kiss his ***, and he doesn't need to kiss ours to do just fine. I guess that's just more than some people can take.

I had a great experience dealing with him, and so have many others. Of course I don't need to have my ego fluffed and be told that I'm the center of the universe. Some people require that and have not had a good experience and it all gets aired out here. Those are the threads that get all the haters out of the woodwork.

Old 08-09-2011, 07:56 PM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts

If you want to be stroked like some Fifth Avenue ******, then don't call Howard.
If you call your momma regularly and ask her for advice, then don't call Howard.
If you regularly need smoke blown up your candy ***, then don't call Howard.
If your wife tells you what to wear...well you know.

There are so many ****** in our world that expect this or that, expect to be handled this way or that way, wonder why they are bullied and beat to hell all through pathetic life. Is it really a mystery?

It's these kind of people that make me sick. Howard ain't one of these people. Howard provided a custom-built superior product with spot-on advice over the phone at odd hours. I learned a lot about shock design and adjustment from Howard. I cannot believe how well these #6 Ohlins perform on my 2010 Ultra. Thank you Howard.

Cry if you will about his website, but I found it informative and adequate. Some of you ****** are spoiled little boys. Most of you have never designed a website anyway, so who cares what the hell you think? He designs and builds shocks for people and motorcycles, the website is a tool, not a gimmick to pull you in. Grow the hell up, grow some ***** or something. If you are going to bash a man, do it to his face and don't hide behind the walls of this forum. Cowards!

Old 08-09-2011, 08:04 PM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Hmmm, lets see. No personal experience with him or buying his products, just what you read on the internet? I believe everything I read on the web too.
Glad you think you got it all worked out. As far as believing everything on the internet, I guess that includes glowing reviews too huh?

He runs a business where his primary customers and income are not the ones of us on this forum that have bought a set of shocks from him.
Probably a pretty good thing.

I had a great experience dealing with him, and so have many others.
Glad to hear it.

Of course I don't need to have my ego fluffed and be told that I'm the center of the universe. Some people require that and have not had a good experience and it all gets aired out here. Those are the threads that get all the haters out of the woodwork.
Dont need to have my ego fluffed either. Don't need to be treated like **** when trying to purchase from a vendor either. Not willing to get down on my knees and @#%! a vendor for the "honor" of buying his products either. But thats just me.

You can say whatever you want to say dude, This guys own words and his attitude are all over the internet. HIS words. (or do we not believe those either?) Nobody needs to bash him, he does just fine by himself. All he has to do to loose customers is open his mouth, or sit down at a keyboard. But thats ok, he doesn't care, so why should you? So, not a problem.

What cracks me up, is how most of the people on this forum will dog-pile on ANY vendor for the most trivial of transgressions. But there is a select few that just take this guys holier than thou attitude in spades, and go back begging for more. And within EVERY shock thread that comes up, have to sing his praises. Over and over, ad nauseum. Fine, the guy is a suspension genius. Fine, his shocks might be the best out there. Now finish the story and talk about the colossal dose of attitude you have to deal with in order to get the product.

Like I said, his own words speak for themselves.

Last edited by flyingace; 08-09-2011 at 08:09 PM.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:22 PM
bikehe
Tourer

WOW just read this review of Ohlins shocks from Howard. Well I'm another happy customer by his product and they are well worth the investment. Yes, as people have mentioned, generally speaking he's a little rough around the edges but if your the wiser you can learn from the wiser (howard). I actually had a laugh over the phone with him when he commented on my previous suspension that I had on my FJR1300 and how soft it was. In short terms he said if I wanted this kind of suspension then he would tell me to "**** off", LOL, and that the suspension that I decided to purchase from him, after he spent probably about 1 hour in total on the phone explaning to me would do the job of not bottomming out and would be a huge improvement on the stock OEM setup. I can see why people would be offended, and sure, "what we say is just as important as how we say it", but he knows his ****, has taught me how to set them up and has delivered a quality product. He is, who he is and has spent time creating a shock for our baggers that works, offers forum members a discount, so Howard if you are reading this "**** OFF" and get back to building great shocks and thanks for sending me an email 3 months later asking how my shocks were working because you cared.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:23 PM
Buckinfitch
Supporter
Received 4,082 Likes on 1,514 Posts

Old 08-09-2011, 08:28 PM
wrench22
Advanced

Nobody needs to bash him, he does just fine by himself.
flyingace

What part of your quote don't you understand...........

Old 08-09-2011, 08:28 PM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 480 Likes on 126 Posts

give it a rest Flyingace , we get it you don't like him , you hate him and so on , the op never said what you are saying and he dealt with him , he said he found Howard a little difficult to communicate with , you don't have to or need to deal with him , we understand but let it go , your rants are becoming annoying

Old 08-09-2011, 08:37 PM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by tj316
give it a rest Flyingace , we get it you don't like him , you hate him and so on , the op never said what you are saying and he dealt with him , he said he found Howard a little difficult to communicate with , you don't have to or need to deal with him , we understand but let it go , your rants are becoming annoying
So are all the fanboy posts in every single shock thread, especially those asking/talking about other brands/models of shocks. Works both ways boys.

BTW, never said I didn't like the guy, nor hate him. Said I wont kiss his *** to buy from him.

As for what the OP said, believe it was this:

"so in conclusion, if you want a set of amazing shocks for a good price buy the ohlins, but just know youll have to take some **** to get them"

Last edited by flyingace; 08-09-2011 at 08:41 PM.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:00 PM
tencrore
Tourer

Wow!

Read the OP's post this morning whilst sitting on the throne and no reply to his review. Now were up to 6 pages and the replies have gone all over the place. Lot of fun to read nonetheless!

I have the 3-3's on my RK and during the install I got schooled as well by Howard. He was direct but only because, in my opinion, he wanted to me get them installed correctly.

Just my humble comment!

Ride safe!

Quick Reply: Honest Review of Motorcycle Metal and Ohlins