Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Honest Review of Motorcycle Metal and Ohlins

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 12:33 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 447 Likes on 251 Posts
Default Directions.

Originally Posted by JMC22
Howard - you tell people right from the get-go, FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS - which I did to the letter - not a single word mentioned of ant-sezie in the JRI instructions you sent me - so what is it, follow the instructions or use common sense - I chose the earlier because "your word is GOD"
Second, I spent over $100 to ship, have Miguel make some cheap crap of an a eye-bobbit & returned shipped back to me, when I got the shock back from you the piece Miguel made wouldn't fit - had you actually checked it you would have seen this !!! and yes - go back thru your emails and show me one where you told me you wanted me to pay for the eye-hobbit and return shipping - the first time you mentioned it was when you told me the shocks were done and you had your hand out for $$$ - I don't expect anything for free, I do expect people to tell me the costs beforehand though.....
Third - the reason I waited and tried for 4 months to work with the guy from JRI is cause you gave me his contact info and told me to deal with him, not until you dropped his product you now change your tune - just like you are now also doing about only rep JRI shocks, the same ones you pumped me up to buy from you....
Deciding not to go back to you again, I took the shocks down to a local machine shop and had the correct eye-bobbit made for $20.00 and threw the piece of crap you sent me in the trash along with your invoice, contact info and your existence in my memory and this time I used anti-seize which is something your instructions didn't state.
So calling a spade a spade - get off your high horse, you don't stand behind your product or word and the problem is NEVER caused by you - funny how that works buddy.
This is the real JMC22 - John Cahill - Colorado - another guy that doesn't agree with you and you decide to call a lair before you have all the facts straight...

PS - you got paid exactly what you're worth - NOT ONE PENNY ....Maybe you should talk to Jamie from Fuel Moto about how to treat customers, this guy and company is a class act!!!
I did not make JRI shocks, I represented them only. I directed you to their address and contact information. You called me for help after JRI did not provide you with the parts you needed after 4 months of promising you that would do so (in your own words on a saved e-Mail you sent me).

JRI shocks, the same ones you pumped me up to buy from you....
You mean the same shocks that I sold you (way different than the ones them make now and as late as 07-08-2015, 11:36 PM post 13 on how happy you are with them, the same ones I "Pumped" you up into purchasing? LINK
There are many others throughout the last few year or two.

and yes - go back thru your emails and show me one where you told me you wanted me to pay for the eye-hobbit and return shipping -
<<< What is the matter with you? Do you think everyone's time in the motorcycle field is worthless? Do you think that the machinist goes to work so you can replace parts that YOU destroyed?

Did the part work when you received it new?

Do you thank I should replace parts myself and pay for the shipping for free? Because I did not tell you that I required you to pay for your own shipping and the machining or new parts that damage was caused by you?

Deciding not to go back to you again, I took the shocks down to a local machine shop and had the correct eye-bobbit made for $20.00 and threw the piece of crap you sent me in the trash along with your invoice, contact info and your existence in my memory and this time I used anti-seize which is something your instructions didn't state.
So calling a spade a spade - get off your high horse, you don't stand behind your product or word and the problem is NEVER caused by you - funny how that works buddy
Does this look familiar, it is and was on your instructions top of the line on page #2?

So calling a spade a spade:
Anyone who is a certified service center or even a half assed mechanic knows to put a protectorate against dis-similar metals like aluminum and steel. No one needs to tell a qualified person that. Someone wanted to play mechanic and do a mechanical installation that was clearly unqualified to do. Someone has to tell you to use a protectorate or for that matter which wrench to use to fit what bolt? Another whining Harley owner (YOU) who does not wish to take responsibility for their own actions and blame others and make them pay for your self admitted mistakes. You were given the instructions but you evidently could not comprehend them.

Second, I spent over $100 to ship, have Miguel make some cheap crap of an a eye-bobbit & returned shipped back to me, when I got the shock back from you the piece Miguel made wouldn't fit - had you actually checked it you would have seen this !!!
>>> This is not the first time we make parts. Of course Miguel fitted the parts before your shocks left the shop with me. I am not going to get into another discussion on proper installation with grease and O-Rings. How dare you even suggest that these were not made correctly. You did not grease the O-Rings and press them in. Since these bobbins I made are not around any more so you say and you never contacted me about this matter or even how or why these is a problem, there is nothing more you or I can say on that matter. Had you said something I would have responded to you like always.

Third - the reason I waited and tried for 4 months to work with the guy from JRI is cause you gave me his contact info and told me to deal with him, not until you dropped his product you now change your tune - just like you are now also doing about only rep JRI shocks, the same ones you pumped me up to buy from you....
The last JRI shock I ever sold and discontinued any sort of representation with JRI was (I believe) 6.6.14. You stated you sent your shocks in and were sitting there for 4 months so let us count backwards which should be fairly close,
1- You were sent your shocks & bobbins on 3.4.15 so minus 4 month that would be 12.4.14. I discontinued representation in 6.6.14. I, when counting, make that one half of a year.
not until you dropped his product you now change your tune -
Just another lie from you and twisted fact to suit your whining and pointing responsibility any other place than your own. History does not lie but you do.

PS - you got paid exactly what you're worth - NOT ONE PENNY ....Maybe you should talk to Jamie from Fuel Moto about how to treat customers, this guy and company is a class act!!!
>>> I am 35 miles from the machine shop. I ordered your shocks in 12-20-2013. Your shock bobbins were shipped with your shocks on 3.4.15. You were charged $39.00 for a 1/2 hour of machine shop time and $19.30 for 2 day shipping from Davie FL to Littleton CO. Your shocks arrived and because you were going on a trip I imediately brought them up to the shop and waited for them to be done which was far longer than the 1/2 hour of machine shop time you were charged for. I than drove back back down to Davie FL & contacted you. I have news for you, my gas and my time is not free or as you put it worthless.

You experienced what JRI helped you out than you have the audacity to think I would pay for your problems you created for yourself. You were the person who installed your shocks unprotected. I did you the favor by wasting around 5 hours total straitening out your problem without charging you one penny. You got to be one of the most ungrateful persons I have ever met. Another person who thinks everyone owes them something for free. You are really a piece of work.
I was left to fend for myself to have repaired.
Now I am calling you full of crap & a lair.

Old 09-18-2015, 12:51 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,853 Likes on 1,601 Posts

It's like a baby seal beating itself with a club.

Old 09-18-2015, 01:24 PM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 480 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by lp
I don't agree , I think Howard is correct on this issue. If you buy a pair of Ohlins from Howard , Fuelmoto or Traxxion , who holds the warranty ? Ohlins does in all cases . So if you break them and Ohlins will not warranty them should any of the vendors fix them out of their pocket? No. He broke the shocks by his own doings , JRi did not respond . JRi is who he should be mad at. JRi should have either 1- fixed the shocks under warranty or 2- told him they weren't covered under warranty and quoted him a price to repair them . They did neither. They never even responded to him . They are the ones who screwed him over . Howard stood up and tried to help , charging you his cost and not including his time or gas was fair . If you found a machine to fix them why not do that after JRi ignored you before sending them to Howard . I agree you were screwed but JRi not Howard did the screwing.

Last edited by tj316; 09-18-2015 at 01:27 PM.
Old 09-18-2015, 01:27 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 447 Likes on 251 Posts
Default Let us get this straight

Originally Posted by PTAG
That's you opinion but doing business this way is not normal. I am glad you are ok with it.

As far as shocks, I just placed my order with another forum vendor. I won't say who it is on this thread because that is not this thread's purpose. I'll post it on my own thread. I will tell you this. After talking with Ohlin they don't like this guy saying he has to "build" their shocks implying they are not ready to use out of the box. They have discussed that with him.
Let us get to the real truth. You called Mike Hensley about this and I than spoke with him about this. Maybe you do not know any better but you did not tell the whole truth, maybe it what you misunderstood and repeated incorrectly. Yes, I did speak to Mike and there is still no changes in what I do and what I say. You are incorrect in what you stated and I have been doing this for a long time. Ohlins has no problems with me, what I say (correctly repeated) and how and why I take shocks apart and why I re-valve them.

Let us get back to you and what king of person you are and your actions here.

Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 11:24:43 -0400 (Tuesday) You submitted a Build and order sheet

On 09-16-2015, 02:35 PM (Wednesday) 15 hours later you start post # 240 on how bad my service is. You want the world to stop for you. Not one consideration on maybe I am busy on other projects and servicing my committed customers which you are not or would ever be. 15 hours to send you an invoice. Yes it took me to 10:14.PM to send you back your invoice. I can now see why by the end of the next day Wed, 16 Sep 2015 22:14:31 -0400 [09/16/2015 10:14:31 PM EDT invoice sent. you were treated so badly by me.

----------------------------
In my case I ordered from a vendor who will have my shocks set up by Ohlin and drop shipped to me. They are shipping today and like I said I will post my own review after I get them on.

TJ316, I will move one but as long as you continue to address posts to me I will reply. Like other's have said
if you were treated as I was you would be pissed also.
And if you continue to question what I posted
will be glad to post all emails here to prove what I am saying is true. I
I didn't record the calls but I do have the emails. This can continue as long as you want. This entire situation is really none of your business.

Take care,

Harold
I already posted all of your dates and e-Mails. You come on here about calling Ohins and than say that Ohlins is:
After talking with Ohlin they don't like this guy saying he has to "build" their shocks implying they are not ready to use out of the box. They have discussed that with him.
What the real truth is not in what you told Ohlins and yes, Ohlins called me and there is and never been a problem. Just another disgruntled customer who wants to be pandered to with no regard to anyone else life other than their own. How dare you come on a public forum and tell another member
This entire situation is really none of your business.
I am happy you found a person to drop ship a pair of shocks to you. I would never want to have you as a customer and they will regret the after the sale service they will have to endure by you.

Let us go over the reason why you posted this: 15 hours to send you an invoice. Than you wanted an apology for taking you so long to service you? Can I tell you what sex act I would have suggested to you and your new shocks had you ever told me right from the first second you called how and what you wanted and for me to drop everything because you called?

You are a total waste of my time.

Last edited by FastHarley; 09-18-2015 at 01:33 PM.
Old 09-18-2015, 01:28 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,853 Likes on 1,601 Posts

Originally Posted by tj316
I don't agree , I think Howard is correct on this issue. If you buy a pair of Ohlins from Howard , Fuelmoto or Traxxion , who holds the warranty ? Ohlins does in all cases . So if you break them andOhlins will not warranty them should any of the vendors fix them out of their pocket? No. He broke the shocks by his own doings , JRi did not respond . JRi is who he should be mad at. JRi should have either 1- fixed the shocks under warranty or 2- told them they weren't covered under warranty and quoted him a price to repair them . They did neither. They never even responded to him . They are the ones who screwed him over . Howard stood up and tried to help , charging you his cost and not including his time or gas was fair . If you found a machine to fix them why not do that after JRi ignored you before sending them to Howard . I agree you were screwed but JRi not Howard did the screwing.
No, the whole mess. Not just what Howard wrote. I didn't quote Howard.

But... about what you wrote above. Howard modifies the stock Ohlins to work better and we all know he backs up his work (and Ohlins) so I think it's safe to say Howard pretty much holds the warranty on what he's selling. Of course, if he isn't selling something anymore, then yeah, in that case probably not.

Last edited by lp; 09-18-2015 at 01:32 PM.
Old 09-18-2015, 01:31 PM
Egldr05
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by FastHarley
You are a total waste of my time.
Then stop responding. Someone has to stop this crap. At first it was amusing but at this point I think it's gotten out of hand.

Old 09-18-2015, 01:36 PM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by lp
LOL, that's pretty good. I'm writting it down.

Beary

Old 09-18-2015, 01:57 PM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,140 Likes on 12,206 Posts

Somebody please........say something bad about cops or swear or maybe ask what a real biker is - ANYTHING to make this thread die.

PS - thank you Harold for the nice compliment on my bike. You're right, there aren't too many of them around.

And I'm with Graham, lets just set this all aside and ride! (except it's not so sunny here - oh well)

Old 09-18-2015, 02:30 PM
massparanoia
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by nevada72
Somebody please........say something bad about cops or swear or maybe ask what a real biker is - ANYTHING to make this thread die.
Black bikes ride better and don't need fancy shocks.

Old 09-18-2015, 02:43 PM
Bmusg
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tj316
I don't agree , I think Howard is correct on this issue. If you buy a pair of Ohlins from Howard , Fuelmoto or Traxxion , who holds the warranty ? Ohlins does in all cases . So if you break them and Ohlins will not warranty them should any of the vendors fix them out of their pocket? No. He broke the shocks by his own doings , JRi did not respond . JRi is who he should be mad at. JRi should have either 1- fixed the shocks under warranty or 2- told him they weren't covered under warranty and quoted him a price to repair them . They did neither. They never even responded to him . They are the ones who screwed him over . Howard stood up and tried to help , charging you his cost and not including his time or gas was fair . If you found a machine to fix them why not do that after JRi ignored you before sending them to Howard . I agree you were screwed but JRi not Howard did the screwing.
Depends on the vendor. If they are simply drop shipping a product, it should fall to the manufacturer. If the vendor is claiming to "disassemble, modify and build" the products before sending them out; then the vendor has probably assumed at least some of the warranty. At the very least, the door has been opened for the vendor and manufacturer to point at each other.

Quick Reply: Honest Review of Motorcycle Metal and Ohlins