Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Honest Review of Motorcycle Metal and Ohlins

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 09:47 AM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,530 Likes on 1,425 Posts

SuperShox will probably be the way I go.
I refuse to chase after some ******** over a pair of shocks.

Old 09-17-2015, 10:16 AM
bradsULtd
HDF Community Team
Received 533 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by TheGrandPoohBah
SuperShox will probably be the way I go.
I refuse to chase after some ******** over a pair of shocks.
See...that's all I'm sayin!

Old 09-17-2015, 10:41 AM
PTAG
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default This Howard guy is nuts!

First to the guy who said "why didn't you just call him". How many times am I supposed to call him. Why is it that some dumb SOB like you always jumps in and defends stupidity?

OK, I just received another email from Howard! You won't believe what he just wrote me. Here it is for all to see. This guy is insane.

--------
As I said that I am very busy and I have about 100 e-Mails per day to*
answer.* I build each and every pair of shocks to the customer which*
takes me 2 hours.* If you can not understand that than you are*
correct, you are not my customer.* I do not wish you do respond any*
more so than you for being so honest.* I will also be honest, I am*
removing you from my records and I am happy you did not have any*
dealings with me as I am sure it would turn out for the best for me.**
It is just business.

Thank You, Howard G. Messner
Phone #: 1-954-848-1525 ~Contact via e-Mail~
http://motorcyclemetal.com/

Old 09-17-2015, 10:44 AM
fullautomike
Road Master
Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts

No soup for you!

Old 09-17-2015, 10:54 AM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 480 Likes on 126 Posts

I agree with Nevada72 , and personally don't see what he said so offensive to PTAG. These forums are a joke because most people on here do not speak truthfully and have their own agenda. I can not tell you how many times people on here buy shocks from other vendors that give no after service and they PM me for help and I always try to help them yet they NEVER post about the poor service they receive on here but have no problem bashing Howard. Personally Howard has never done anything but give me great service. I'm friends with Northstar (a forum member) and he vacationed with us in Florida this past winter. I found out he had a pair of Ohlins he had bought from Howard , as a joke I had him send Howard a message he was having issues with them and that I had suggested he call a Ohlins dealer closer to where he lives , I won't mention the name. I knew this would **** Howard off and we were just joking around. Based on comments on this forum I thought Howard would call Northstar up and cuss him out, and sure enough Howard called within minutes of getting the message. Northstar had him on speaker phone and Howard was polite , courteous and trying to help him when I knew he was steaming mad , so I don't see it , this big bad terrible Howard you describe , please buy your shocks else where and when they don't work I'll help you like I have others and you can not post the truth too.

Last edited by tj316; 09-17-2015 at 10:58 AM.
Old 09-17-2015, 11:38 AM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 333 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by tj316
I agree with Nevada72 , and personally don't see what he said so offensive to PTAG. These forums are a joke because most people on here do not speak truthfully and have their own agenda. I can not tell you how many times people on here buy shocks from other vendors that give no after service and they PM me for help and I always try to help them yet they NEVER post about the poor service they receive on here but have no problem bashing Howard. Personally Howard has never done anything but give me great service. I'm friends with Northstar (a forum member) and he vacationed with us in Florida this past winter. I found out he had a pair of Ohlins he had bought from Howard , as a joke I had him send Howard a message he was having issues with them and that I had suggested he call a Ohlins dealer closer to where he lives , I won't mention the name. I knew this would **** Howard off and we were just joking around. Based on comments on this forum I thought Howard would call Northstar up and cuss him out, and sure enough Howard called within minutes of getting the message. Northstar had him on speaker phone and Howard was polite , courteous and trying to help him when I knew he was steaming mad , so I don't see it , this big bad terrible Howard you describe , please buy your shocks else where and when they don't work I'll help you like I have others and you can not post the truth too.
I'm glad to hear your experience with Howard was memorable and lasting - I won't try to change your feelings toward him but I think it's only respectful that you extend the same to those of us that have not have the same fortunate experiences as yourself and not call us liars.
I drawn MY own conclusions from MY personal experience I have had with Howard in that I will never use his services again as the JRI shocks I bought from him 1.5 yrs ago, he does not deal with anymore and I was left to fend for myself to have repaired.
If you think the forums are a joke - then why read and or post here?

Old 09-17-2015, 11:53 AM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,530 Likes on 1,425 Posts

I don't do business with *********, and find humor or pity with those that do.
Sad that some have such little backbone and principle as to stoop that low.
I like the warm fuzzy feeling of a well done transaction.

Old 09-17-2015, 12:18 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,855 Likes on 1,601 Posts

In before the lock!

Old 09-17-2015, 12:28 PM
massparanoia
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TheGrandPoohBah
I don't do business with *********, and find humor or pity with those that do.
Sad that some have such little backbone and principle as to stoop that low.
I like the warm fuzzy feeling of a well done transaction.
I could take a crap in a box, and people would buy it as long as I tickled their ***** while I was selling it to them.

Old 09-17-2015, 12:34 PM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,140 Likes on 12,206 Posts

Originally Posted by PTAG
First to the guy who said "why didn't you just call him". How many times am I supposed to call him. Why is it that some dumb SOB like you always jumps in and defends stupidity?

OK, I just received another email from Howard! You won't believe what he just wrote me. Here it is for all to see. This guy is insane.
Because a dumb SOB like me bought shocks from him without all the hand wringing you are doing. In fact, it went just fine and I'm happy with my purchase. And as mentioned, I'm the kind of dumb SOB who doesn't mind working with people and communicating with them to resolve an issue. I'm also the kind of dumb SOB who would never post up another man's communication like a b*tch. WTF is this - The Jerry Springer Show? Sorry, but you're being a chick. Grow the f*ck up.

Quick Reply: Honest Review of Motorcycle Metal and Ohlins