Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Didn't Even Get It Home!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011 | 10:13 PM
iceman5218
|
Road Captain
Default Didn't Even Get It Home!!!!

I was so blessed a couple of weeks ago. I am the pastor of a small church in Arkansas that is expecting big things. I have been wanting to start a motorcycle ministry to show people how great God is. It is hard to have a motorcycle ministry without a motorcycle. I began praying about it and really felt like he was telling me that if I left it alone he would give me a bike. A couple of weeks ago I was talking to a man and I made the comment about wanting to start the ministry and he just ask how much I needed for the bike. I said I would love a Harley, but they are about $13,500. Next thing I know the guy is writing me a check for that exact amount. Later that evening, after I picked my jaw up off the floor and hugged him, I ask him just for arguments sake "How much could I have had?" All he said is I was the one who gave him the number. So you really do get what you ask for with God. What you see below is the reward for that. 2009 Road King with 5,440 miles

The next two pictures are what the raccoon did to my front fender 2.5 hours into my inaugural ride. I didn't even get the bike home.

Old 08-08-2011 | 10:20 PM
JustDave71
Outstanding HDF Member

wow. just kicked you down like that, huh? wow.

as for the 'coon...glad yer ok. fender trim can be replaced. metal can be repainted.

hahahhahahahahaha watch....ONE day into owning that bike yer gonna catch the custom bug...you'll take off the little skirt there and go "hmmmm" and next thing you know you'll be hittin that guy up again!

Old 08-08-2011 | 10:21 PM
JoeFriday77
Cruiser

Cool story. Glad the raccoon only caused minor damage. That'll be an easy and cheap fix.

Old 08-08-2011 | 10:34 PM
iceman5218
|
Road Captain

How exactly is it fixed? I've always liked the Street Glide fender

Old 08-08-2011 | 10:35 PM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member

I'm glad you didn't panick and reck because of the racoon, damage is very minimal. Glad you were blessed with a nice bike, and did make it home safe, becareful, the racoon isn't nearly as dangerous as other drivers.

Old 08-08-2011 | 10:42 PM
ridzalot
Tourer

What an awesome God we serve. Try hooking up with the Christian Motorcyclists Association out of Hatfield Ark. I've been a member about three months and really love it.

Old 08-08-2011 | 10:44 PM
mmcbeat
Elite HDF Member

Little pricey but Harley sells a chrome front fender. It would be a bolt on and I think it would look great. I saw one on a scooter and was impressed, looks much better than you would imagine.

Old 08-08-2011 | 10:57 PM
iceman5218
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by dbell66253
I'm glad you didn't panick and reck because of the racoon, damage is very minimal. Glad you were blessed with a nice bike, and did make it home safe, becareful, the racoon isn't nearly as dangerous as other drivers.
When you ride in my neck of the woods it makes you think about things. Ive got a no swerve policy for my vehicles and bike. Done me well so far. Even if one or both of the tires come off the ground at least I'm going straight.

Old 08-08-2011 | 11:14 PM
Zimbob
Outstanding HDF Member

That is minor damage. I had a squirrel pull a "Balushi" in front of me going about 40, did the same thing to mine. HD sells different "skirts" that will replace the stock one you have, and they are chrome too.

Old 08-08-2011 | 11:17 PM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by iceman5218
How exactly is it fixed? I've always liked the Street Glide fender
You take the fender trim off and put new fender trim on. Heck - I'll bet if you ask around you'll find someone who's got stock fender trim lying around their garage. Many people excahnge the stock for custom (for instance part 59005-98)

Quick Reply: Didn't Even Get It Home!!!!