Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Didn't Even Get It Home!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011 | 10:08 PM
DIESEL72
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Coolhawg6622
Not sure I want to even comment....just because of the people who will take it out of context, BUT.... YOU used the church for you own benefit,,,,,tax free no less I bet...to start a ministry? hmmmm.....well good for you ..... a fool and his money are soon parted.

I agree with a couple folks here.....sell it and give it to folks who need it as having the "harley" makes no difference than a honda rebel to have the ministry.... And as far as the coon.....the lord works in mysterious ways.

PLEASE Pray for me as I NEED a new CVO Road Glide!!! I will go to every money raising event I can to help the needy!!!! Promise!
Got that right, and as far as food stamps, there are way too many taking advantage of the system....the system is broke!!!!

Old 08-09-2011 | 10:43 PM
Guntoter
Outstanding HDF Member

I am sensing there are a lot of material worshipers posting in this thread.

Old 08-09-2011 | 10:50 PM
shredder22
Road Captain

Wow, just to think that you would of taken more if you could of kinda gives this thing a really bad smell. Just sayin'

Old 08-09-2011 | 11:22 PM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by shredder22
Wow, just to think that you would of taken more if you could of kinda gives this thing a really bad smell. Just sayin'
yeah - that . . .

Old 08-10-2011 | 02:42 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member

this is unbelievable. i'm glad that you believe it was god who brought you a motorcycle. each to their own. i'm thinking that the 8 year old girl with terminal cancer doesn't need god's help nearly as much as you needed a harley for your "ministry".

Old 08-10-2011 | 05:18 AM
medic1555
Road Captain

This story brought back memories of my childhood. When I was growing up my uncle was a pastor of a small church. He too asked God for things he didn't have but really wanted. He made sure that God wasn't the only one who knew of his needs too. When I got older I realized that he was using his position to get something without having to work for it. It really turned me off from organized religion and people like him. If you believe that God wanted you to own a Harley then I say praise God and pass the ammmo!

Old 08-10-2011 | 06:50 AM
carltex
Road Warrior

The part about asking how much he could have asked for turned me off. Shouldn't be concerned with that unless you were just playin this guy. Greed kicking in I suppose. Thank you is all that was necessary.

Old 08-10-2011 | 06:53 AM
SHAKEME
Advanced

Thanks for beeing called a Buzzkiller!

Even though I don't buy that story and I'm shure that Iceman is kidding us and it ain't funny at all. Why? It makes me angry that there are so many people out there beliving in everthing they read.

As I don't know him, he is probably is a nice guy and hot about Harley's. But just using the words God, Church, etc. dont make a Post neccesserely true just by definition.
Answering that post a bit more critical doesn't make me a jellous, diabolic, Buzzkiller from Overseas.
And a guy posting, telling he's a Pastor with a Harley dont make me sing "Halleluhja"
Can you prove the truth of this Story? Neither can I.

So why not just buying that story?
Because it if smells, looks, tastes like BS it's for shure no Apple-Pie with Cherry topping, even one is telling you so.

1.) his profile is not saying Pastor it say's "Youth Pastor". Sounds to me like beeing an honorary office, maybe I'm wrong about it.
2.) He states "you really do get what you ask for with God. What you see below is the reward for that.2009 Road King with 5,440 miles." Let me repeat ..what you see is the reward.. Hmmm? Would a pastor call it that way?
3.) If you read the post carefully it's almost all about what a heck of a deal he made.
4.) After letting us know that he got a bike for free he's first worring about his Front Fender Tip.
5.) in an older post he's writting "...I am a former athlete and an Athletic Trainer now"
maybe that changed, who knows
6.) as you wrote: "I have been wanting to start a motorcycle ministry to show people how great God is." But you wrote hundret times in earlier posts "I want a Harley, I want a Harley, I want a Harley, ... .

Well shure he was reading my starting post, why didn't he send me a message saying "Son, you are terribely wrong. I'm a pastor and I'm doing that for my Church and for God." I would have apologized. Well, he didn't.
And his next messages on the Board was "Thanks to all the well wishers. I've replied to a couple who have fender skirts." I wounder if he would just disapear if he had to pay from his own pocket for what he's asking.

So either this post is written to fool us or the youth pastor was realy freaking out because god sendet him a 2009 Road King with 5.440 miles. Do you think god is that way?

Pope: "Peace?" God: "No"
Pope:"Healing?" God: "No".
Pope: "Food?" God: "No"
Iceman: "Harley!" God: "Hell yeah!!!!"

That leaves 4 possible conclutions:

1.) he's a Bad-A$$-Biker and kidding us. Everone knows exept me and I'm realy a Buzzkiller
2.) he's a pastor and kidding us, cause he has a special sort of humor
3.) he's an Athletic Trainer and a Pastor and just made a strange post about what he rewarded
4.) with my teutonic style of humor I'll never get to hear the point of a joke like this

Who knows, maybe there never has been a racoon and after getting a bike for free he's asking for a free fender tip.

So if you want to - call my a Buzzkiller. I don't care but I don't buy that Apple-Pie.
If it's a joke - it ain't funny as there are a lot of religious people out there/ if it's true - then it's weird story and a true wonder.

Just wondering what you will call me now?

Last edited by SHAKEME; 08-10-2011 at 07:16 AM.
Old 08-10-2011 | 09:14 AM
frankharley07
Cruiser

bump.....

Old 08-10-2011 | 09:43 AM
djkolp
Road Captain

When the missionaries came to Africa they had the Bible and we had the land. They said "Let us pray." We closed our eyes. When we opened them we had the Bible and they had the land.

----Desmond Tutu

Quick Reply: Didn't Even Get It Home!!!!