Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Didn't Even Get It Home!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011 | 01:15 PM
tduff
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Coolhawg6622
PLEASE Pray for me as I NEED a new CVO Road Glide!!! I will go to every money raising event I can to help the needy!!!! Promise!
Me too!...

Keep up the good work!

Old 08-09-2011 | 01:40 PM
mcrider1
Road Warrior

You should have prayed to win the lottery, it's up to 220 million?

Old 08-09-2011 | 01:41 PM
AnotherBlackSG
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Coolhawg6622
Not sure I want to even comment....just because of the people who will take it out of context, BUT.... YOU used the church for you own benefit,,,,,tax free no less I bet...to start a ministry? hmmmm.....well good for you ..... a fool and his money are soon parted.

I agree with a couple folks here.....sell it and give it to folks who need it as having the "harley" makes no difference than a honda rebel to have the ministry.... And as far as the coon.....the lord works in mysterious ways.

PLEASE Pray for me as I NEED a new CVO Road Glide!!! I will go to every money raising event I can to help the needy!!!! Promise!
Yep, I'm in this camp. It just seems a little selfish to me. Why an expensive Harley? I mean, Mary rode a jackass into Bethlehem... not a thoroughbred.

IMO, that money would have been better spent feeding the hungry & housing the homeless.

Oh yeah, the raccoon... maybe the big guy is tryin' to tell ya' something??

Last edited by AnotherBlackSG; 08-09-2011 at 01:44 PM.
Old 08-09-2011 | 02:25 PM
aggro_jo
Road Master

Originally Posted by Red N Gold
Nobody gave our motorcycle ministry group any bikes but we use what we purchased ourselves to raise money for the needy, including a pregnancy care center, homeless shelters, boys and girls homes, battered womens shelters and other groups. We use the bikes as a tool and since the predominate brand is harley, it is easier to reach others if you have a common interest and brand. Our group has given away 2 motorcycles to folks who attended our events in an effort to get them into the church to be exposed to a speaker and to raise money for the charity....
Good on ya man! I personally don't buy into religion, but I still appreciate the fact that you folks are doing a lot of good. More power to you.

The OP, on the other hand, seems content to prey off of those who worked for theirs. These folks swore they were doing the Lord's work as well.

Old 08-09-2011 | 02:27 PM
harleycharlie1992
Unofficial HDF Chaplain

the POWER of God is amazing!! congrats, go minister!

Old 08-09-2011 | 02:56 PM
Challenger
Road Master

WOW I am stunned! Completely speechless. My parents raised me a God fearing Lutheren boy. We went to church every sunday, and practiced what was preached..

Now, if this was me,,,,if I claimed "I need a HD (when any bike will do, Its not a harley ministry, just a bike ministry) and had the stones to ask the guy how much I COULD have gotten. Well, My father (God rest his soul) would have beaten me to within an inch of my life with a steel pipe! Then my mother would have started in on me!

Old 08-09-2011 | 03:25 PM
bbflhrs
Tourer

Well, someone has to say this so I guess I will........

"I asked God for a motorcycle, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I
stole a Harley and asked for forgiveness."

Old 08-09-2011 | 03:32 PM
iceman5218
|
Road Captain

Thanks to all the well wishers. I've replied to a couple who have fender skirts.

Proverbs 9:7

Old 08-09-2011 | 03:37 PM
TORQUEY
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by AnotherBlackSG
Yep, I'm in this camp. It just seems a little selfish to me. Why an expensive Harley? I mean, Mary rode a jackass into Bethlehem... not a thoroughbred.

IMO, that money would have been better spent feeding the hungry & housing the homeless.

Oh yeah, the raccoon... maybe the big guy is tryin' to tell ya' something??
Nothing against Mary mind you, but Jesus Himself rode a donkey into Jerusalem.

God is great and knows what we need before we can even ask Him for it, but beware the "name it and claim it" theology which lurks nearby...

Old 08-09-2011 | 03:39 PM
Terrabella
Road Master
Default Obsurd

Originally Posted by eazyduzzit
What a coincidence! I'm thinking about starting a Boat ministry, but I'll need about $15,000 for a boat. Can you PM me with that guy's number?
I need some dough as well...should I just pray for it and wait at the mailbox for it to show up?
God did not send you a Harley, some guy gave you the money for it. Lots of needy families out there who could use a portion of that $13k to feed their children. I heard it all now, God's passing out Harley's. I'll be sending you my prayer request.

Quick Reply: Didn't Even Get It Home!!!!