Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Didn't Even Get It Home!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011 | 09:36 AM
LADNAR
Tourer

Congrats!

Not only did God bless you with a bike to ride, but He also gave you your first riding story to use while connecting with others.

Yeah, hitting a coon with your new bike sucks, but look at how many people are reading the story of how God blessed your ministry with answered prayers.

Now pray for a fruitful ministry, and if you're riding through Illinois, let me know. Maybe I can hook up with your group for the day...

Old 08-09-2011 | 09:40 AM
speakerfritz
Road Warrior

glad you are OK....so...whats a motorcycle ministry

Old 08-09-2011 | 09:48 AM
ZUTEDUFF
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by remike
Some people would consider this incident a double blessing. You have a bike PLUS the makings of a nice church dinner.....

Old 08-09-2011 | 11:06 AM
Coolhawg6622
Road Master

Not sure I want to even comment....just because of the people who will take it out of context, BUT.... YOU used the church for you own benefit,,,,,tax free no less I bet...to start a ministry? hmmmm.....well good for you ..... a fool and his money are soon parted.

I agree with a couple folks here.....sell it and give it to folks who need it as having the "harley" makes no difference than a honda rebel to have the ministry.... And as far as the coon.....the lord works in mysterious ways.

PLEASE Pray for me as I NEED a new CVO Road Glide!!! I will go to every money raising event I can to help the needy!!!! Promise!

Old 08-09-2011 | 11:42 AM
Tool Man
Cruiser

Don't let the coon or the naysayers stop you from your purpose. Continue to spread the word of God.

Old 08-09-2011 | 11:48 AM
sanlyn
Road Master

Originally Posted by Very High Plain Drifter
That Raccoon probably rode a Victory. Glad to hear you're OK - you had me worried with the title of this thread. I'm picking up a new Road King this weekend and am a bit worried about stacking it on the ride home, so...

But phew! Glad we don't have Raccoons in the UK.
I had a raccoon take out the front spoiler on my 1st generation VW Scirocco. Luckily my Harley hasn't met one close up and personal.

Old 08-09-2011 | 11:49 AM
Stanger
Road Master

God works in mysterious ways!! God Bless you for what you are doing. Obvisouly you are where he wants you since he provided this for you in this manner. So, continue with your work!!
God Bless us all!!!

Old 08-09-2011 | 12:06 PM
DrPlastic
Outstanding HDF Member

Ice man....If you just want to replace it you can have mine....just PM your address!

Old 08-09-2011 | 12:11 PM
hdelectra
Road Captain

God IS good. Praise & Glory be to the God of the Bible for meeting your need(s) AND protecting His investments (you, your ministry and the bike).

Old 08-09-2011 | 12:48 PM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member

Nobody gave our motorcycle ministry group any bikes but we use what we purchased ourselves to raise money for the needy, including a pregnancy care center, homeless shelters, boys and girls homes, battered womens shelters and other groups. We use the bikes as a tool and since the predominate brand is harley, it is easier to reach others if you have a common interest and brand. Our group has given away 2 motorcycles to folks who attended our events in an effort to get them into the church to be exposed to a speaker and to raise money for the charity.

Many threads here talk about poker runs, is it not allowed to have a church based group put on a run for a charity?

I do think asking the man what you could have gotten was a bit tacky and I would not have done it, but that is just me. I probably would have asked myself when I was alone though.

Watch out for critters

Good luck

Quick Reply: Didn't Even Get It Home!!!!