Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Didn't Even Get It Home!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011 | 07:03 AM
KYFATBOB
Tourer

Originally Posted by SHAKEME
This is a very nice story but it leaves me with a few questions:
Why not renting one, it's quite cheap?
What? And you allways have to get a vehicle for that? So when you'll have a trucker ministry you need what?
You seroiuosly think God wanted -you- to have a Harley?
Why where you asking what you could have had? Wheren't you just thankful?
Why didn't you ask for food for the poor?
If you think that God did all that for you, don't you think God sendet you the racoon as sign not beeing selfish, cruising arround and having a good time, than to do good for others?

As God gave you the Harley for the minestry he will be delighted to see you selling the Harley for the benefit of the poor in your church in Arkansas.

P.S.: Ya know what you have to do when you need a new Front Fender??? Internet is not the right way!!!

Just an FYI, I have friends that started a motorcycle ministry which my wife is a member of and with there "Motorcycles" they put on benefit rides that raises money to help the needy. Every year they have a toy drive to be able to give kids who wouldnt get anything for Christmas presents under the tree. They also use there "Motorcycles" to raise money to help families who have been affected by floods, fires or that are just down on there luck. And again they use there "Motorcycles" to raise money for kids who have life threatening illnesses to be able to go to the doctors or help there parents with there bills so they can be with there sick child... So before you go judging someone maybe you should ask yourself what could I do to help? I find what you wrote absolutely rediculous and you are most likely jealous of the fact that someone was blessed with a free motorcycle.... I bet if you was the one that got a free bike you wouldnt say what you did..................

Old 08-09-2011 | 07:17 AM
smokindave
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by iceman5218
How do u put it on? I only see rivets.
They are actually little screws, look on the inside of the fender and you will see the little nuts. Easy 10 minute job.

Old 08-09-2011 | 07:28 AM
wildrider
Cruiser

Where are you located in AR. i also live in AR and have the fender trim off my 08 Rk I think it will fit.

Old 08-09-2011 | 07:43 AM
SG Mike
Road Master

When you ride in my neck of the woods it makes you think about things. Ive got a no swerve policy for my vehicles and bike. Done me well so far. Even if one or both of the tires come off the ground at least I'm going straight.
Amen to that, Brother! My wife thinks I'm crazy because I have always said that if i have to choose between me and a critter then...

OP,

Nice Bike and GOD is GOOD ALL THE TIME...

Old 08-09-2011 | 08:09 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior

I was so blessed a couple of weeks ago. I am the pastor of a small church in Arkansas that is expecting big things. I have been wanting to start a motorcycle ministry to show people how great God is. It is hard to have a motorcycle ministry without a motorcycle. I began praying about it and really felt like he was telling me that if I left it alone he would give me a bike. A couple of weeks ago I was talking to a man and I made the comment about wanting to start the ministry and he just ask how much I needed for the bike. I said I would love a Harley, but they are about $13,500. Next thing I know the guy is writing me a check for that exact amount. Later that evening, after I picked my jaw up off the floor and hugged him, I ask him just for arguments sake "How much could I have had?" All he said is I was the one who gave him the number. So you really do get what you ask for with God. What you see below is the reward for that. 2009 Road King with 5,440 miles
Thanks for posting. God is so good. I have been amazed over the years how often my bike gives me the opportunity to speak to someone. When I stop and get gas in my car, no one every walks over and speaks but they routinely do when I stop on my bike. May God bless your motorcycle ministry.

"Ask and ye shall receive, seek and ye shall find, knock and it shall be opened unto you..." Many times we have not because we ask not! Read that somewhere I think ! :-) (Matthew 7:7)

Old 08-09-2011 | 08:22 AM
remike
Road Master

Some people would consider this incident a double blessing. You have a bike PLUS the makings of a nice church dinner.....

Old 08-09-2011 | 08:29 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member

Amazing story. I wish the rest of your rides are racoon free, but still......

Old 08-09-2011 | 08:57 AM
Travler
Cruiser

Congrats on the scooter Preacher, sorry to hear about the run in with the coon... it can all be fixed.

I go to a biker church just outside of Mountain Home, if ya' get chance sometime ride over. We've got a thing in Sept. to help the children's home. Come on over.. http://threeriversbikerchurch.org/

Ride safe & watch fer them suicidal coons!!!

Old 08-09-2011 | 08:57 AM
mrmud4x4
Road Captain

It's not quite cheap....and now his ministry is Legitimate
What? And you allways have to get a vehicle for that? So when you'll have a trucker ministry you need what?
We have trucker ministries
God wants to give us the desires of our hearts
Why can't he ask? I'm sure it was in amazement.....
What is more important to God? Salvation of a man's soul or giving him two double cheeseburgers?

If you think that God did all that for you, don't you think God sendet you the racoon as sign not beeing selfish, cruising arround and having a good time, than to do good for others?
You imply that as a christian, he should feel guilty when he is blessed?

As God gave you the Harley for the minestry he will be delighted to see you selling the Harley for the benefit of the poor in your church in Arkansas.
The world will always have the poor.....Heaven rejoices for ONE soul that is saved!!!

P.S.: Ya know what you have to do when you need a new Front Fender??? Internet is not the right way!!![/quote]

This man is sincere....and you judge him.....Mat 7:6

Old 08-09-2011 | 09:36 AM
aggro_jo
Road Master

P.S.: Ya know what you have to do when you need a new Front Fender??? Internet is not the right way!!!
well said mein bruder

Quick Reply: Didn't Even Get It Home!!!!