Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Same ol same ol BS from Harley

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 08:15 AM
texasrich27
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you might want to give Paramount over in Framingham a call. I'm guessing by your location that you're dealing with the folks in Auburn? I didn't have the best luck when I lived up there with the Auburn dealer but Paramount is a little bigger and tended to have more stuff in stock. About an hour drive from Sutton ( I lived in Douglas until about 12 years ago).

Old 08-09-2011, 04:16 PM
StumpyJr
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No dealer problems

Originally Posted by onaride63
I read all these bad dealer storys. My HD shop rocks. to bad that doesn't sound like the norm
every
Just to let you guys know, the dealer has been doing everything in their power to make this right.....except offer a loaner and charge Harley for the defect and vendor problem ! Still no part and no ride since July 5th. @#$%^& !

Old 08-09-2011, 04:28 PM
harleycharlie1992
Unofficial HDF Chaplain
Received 15,830 Likes on 4,955 Posts

as a tech for mercedes we went thru this a few years ago with throttle actuators (harley induction modules) they'd go bad, making lots of noise and go into limp mode, we'd order a new one 2-3 days and it would be bad!! very frustrating! I think harley is starting to go thru the same growing pains that MB did they eventually got it right, but lots of unhappy owners. hopefully this isn't your only transportation
that said, almost positive, that like mercedes, they fail to the idle position and won't go to full throttle, so there won't be any runaway bike motors, (this is by design)

Old 08-10-2011, 06:04 AM
StumpyJr
Advanced

Originally Posted by speakerfritz
Im in staten island......you can call them and give them your credit card number and if they don't want to ship it..ill ship it to you.
Hey Dawg, Thanks for all the help. I found an induction module at a dealer in Virginia. Then called my dealer to let them know. They wanted to know how I found it, (did not let on), and then proceeded to tell me that it was too much paperwork to go through to transfer the part from one dealer to the other. WTF ! Time for the dealer to see the underside of the bus. Had to call the "mother ship" to get the ball rolling. Lets see how long it takes them to fix my ride now ! Thanks again for all your help.

Old 08-10-2011, 06:07 AM
StumpyJr
Advanced

Originally Posted by harleycharlie1992
as a tech for mercedes we went thru this a few years ago with throttle actuators (harley induction modules) they'd go bad, making lots of noise and go into limp mode, we'd order a new one 2-3 days and it would be bad!! very frustrating! I think harley is starting to go thru the same growing pains that MB did they eventually got it right, but lots of unhappy owners. hopefully this isn't your only transportation
that said, almost positive, that like mercedes, they fail to the idle position and won't go to full throttle, so there won't be any runaway bike motors, (this is by design)
Thats exactly what happens. They have since changed the part number and vendor. Still down and waiting. Did the Benz customers get loaner vehicles when their cages went down?

Old 08-10-2011, 06:14 AM
StumpyJr
Advanced

Originally Posted by texasrich27
you might want to give Paramount over in Framingham a call. I'm guessing by your location that you're dealing with the folks in Auburn? I didn't have the best luck when I lived up there with the Auburn dealer but Paramount is a little bigger and tended to have more stuff in stock. About an hour drive from Sutton ( I lived in Douglas until about 12 years ago).
Thanks for the advice but I wouldn't go to the "Guys" in Auburn if I broke down right in front ! I head north up RTE.12. Gonna give these "Guys" up north more time as I do not blame them for Harley's vendor or design problems with the part. There will be a nasty letter to follow this whole mess !

Old 08-10-2011, 06:30 AM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,217 Likes on 1,837 Posts

Originally Posted by StumpyJr
Hey Dawg, Thanks for all the help. I found an induction module at a dealer in Virginia. Then called my dealer to let them know. They wanted to know how I found it, (did not let on), and then proceeded to tell me that it was too much paperwork to go through to transfer the part from one dealer to the other. WTF ! Time for the dealer to see the underside of the bus. Had to call the "mother ship" to get the ball rolling. Lets see how long it takes them to fix my ride now ! Thanks again for all your help.
As for the paperwork, it is a whopping page that consists of the dealer's tax ID paper. That is only if they want to be a cost to cost or a cost + 10%, etc. dealer to dealer. The dealer can simply call up and provide their own credit card number and have it shipped. They are screwing you over because they don't want to pay up front period!

Old 08-10-2011, 06:57 AM
StumpyJr
Advanced

Thanks.......I guess I should not press too hard as to get my bike back at least in time for a "Leave Peeping" ride into Vermont ! Thanks again for your advice and info.

Old 08-10-2011, 07:50 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 74,457 Likes on 22,411 Posts

Good information to know..

Old 08-10-2011, 08:04 AM
Stiggy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,777 Likes on 3,153 Posts

If the dealer wanted to take care of his customer, he'd take the part off of a recently uncrated bike and get you going. ( We used to do it all the time.)

Bottom line, they simply don't care.

Quick Reply: Same ol same ol BS from Harley