Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone using the racetech fork kit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 09:05 PM
Hoblick
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone using the racetech fork kit?

just trying to get a review on the racetech lowering kit with the gold valve emulators

Old 08-07-2011, 10:17 PM
Hoblick
Road Captain

no one?

Old 08-07-2011, 10:20 PM
kingkingking
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Obviously!!

Hard to imagine they would be better than your monotubes......

Old 08-07-2011, 10:32 PM
Then Came Bronson
Grand HDF Member

Received 2,847 Likes on 973 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoblick
just trying to get a review on the racetech lowering kit with the gold valve emulators
I have Racetech springs and gold emulators in my front suspension (2010 Street Glide). I did not put in a lowering kit, and would never do this. Losing an inch of suspension travel in the front isn't the answer to a better ride.

Overall, a definite improvement over the mushy stock front end. Brake dive is not as pronounced, and it has firmed up the front end some...but there is plenty of room for improvement. However, this is just an interim fix for me until Howard from Motorcycle Metal has the Ohlins cartridge system for bagger front ends available.

Harley should be embarrassed with the dogshit stock suspension they put on their $20K baggers.

Old 08-07-2011, 11:37 PM
Hoblick
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Then Came Bronson
I have Racetech springs and gold emulators in my front suspension (2010 Street Glide). I did not put in a lowering kit, and would never do this. Losing an inch of suspension travel in the front isn't the answer to a better ride.

Overall, a definite improvement over the mushy stock front end. Brake dive is not as pronounced, and it has firmed up the front end some...but there is plenty of room for improvement. However, this is just an interim fix for me until Howard from Motorcycle Metal has the Ohlins cartridge system for bagger front ends available.

Harley should be embarrassed with the dogshit stock suspension they put on their $20K baggers.
id really opt to not lower the bike, but with the 21" wheel up front, it sits almost 1.5" taller than stock height with out lowering.

i think in the long run ill be doing the traxxion dynamics setup, but that will be a winter project since i just dropped a **** ton of money on my last round of mods.

Old 08-07-2011, 11:42 PM
Hoblick
Road Captain

Originally Posted by kingkingking
Obviously!!

Hard to imagine they would be better than your monotubes......

i really dislike the monotubes. the front end doesnt feel like it follows the road.

crusing speed they feel good, get into some corners and the front feels loose and unstable.

going over tar strips the front wants to weave

also with the mono tubes set at a 1" drop the bike sits 1.5" lower than stock height.
im using 3 c clip spacers.
if i go another spacers i feel it will be to firm and not enough sag.

if i go down a spacer i think it will be not firm enough and to much sag.

im really unhappy with the monotubes.
the hd 1" lowering kit was a stiff ride, but at least it felt more stable in the corners. and acutally gave it a true 1" drop and not more.

the racetech kit atleast ill have a spring matched to my weight, and the gold emulators.
ive come to the conclusion that progressive rate springs just plain blow, doesnt matter if we are taking rear shocks or fork springs, progressive rate springs are just not for me.

Old 08-07-2011, 11:45 PM
Then Came Bronson
Grand HDF Member

Received 2,847 Likes on 973 Posts

i just dropped a **** ton of money on my last round of mods.
Hahaha! Welcome to the club. Between engine and suspension mods, I've easily got $5k into my money pit.

Old 08-07-2011, 11:51 PM
Hoblick
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Then Came Bronson
Hahaha! Welcome to the club. Between engine and suspension mods, I've easily got $5k into my money pit.
i stopped counting. its better that way lol.

now im obsessed with getting my suspension set up the way i want. its taking longer than id hoped lol. the back is sorted out, jsut gotta get the front nailed down.

after that its on to cams

Old 08-08-2011, 01:30 AM
JS999R
Cruiser

i stopped counting. its better that way lol.

now im obsessed with getting my suspension set up the way i want. its taking longer than id hoped lol. the back is sorted out, jsut gotta get the front nailed down.

after that its on to cams
Could it be going to the 21" front in the first place caused the handling issues in the first place? The riding symptoms sound like a bike that is riding too high in the front, especially with the added weight of two up in the back. The front end getting light and unstable seems to indicate that. I think under stock configuration the monotubes work well, at least that is the feedback I've read. Excluding the leaking seal issue they had which according to them is resolved. BTW, when did you buy the monotubes? By any chance do you get a clunking sound now and then from the front?

Old 08-08-2011, 02:41 AM
Hoblick
Road Captain

Originally Posted by JS999R
Could it be going to the 21" front in the first place caused the handling issues in the first place? The riding symptoms sound like a bike that is riding too high in the front, especially with the added weight of two up in the back. The front end getting light and unstable seems to indicate that. I think under stock configuration the monotubes work well, at least that is the feedback I've read. Excluding the leaking seal issue they had which according to them is resolved. BTW, when did you buy the monotubes? By any chance do you get a clunking sound now and then from the front?
the bike handles fine with the hd 1" lowering kit i had in it with the 21" front. i was just wanted something a little more out of the front suspension, little better ride quality and a little more stability, hence why i went to the monotubes. the monotubes actually made things worse for me.

no clicking from the front. i literally just got these monotubes about 4 days ago. i have put about 200 miles or so on them and really dont like them.

ill pretty much never buy a Progressive Suspension product again.

not saying there products arent good, they are just not for me.

Quick Reply: anyone using the racetech fork kit?