Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TTS and other tuners

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 05:30 PM
crackers
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TTS and other tuners

If you have a bike tuned with the TTs and you return it back to the factory map that you saved can you then still use a Pro race tuner or PCV

Old 08-07-2011, 06:38 PM
mjb765
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes...buy why go to a SERT..TTS is the same thing with more functionality.

Old 08-07-2011, 06:57 PM
1931jamesw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mjb765
Yes...buy why go to a SERT..TTS is the same thing with more functionality.
*****... I mean ditto

Old 08-07-2011, 07:10 PM
Green Hornet
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah why would you go to sert when you already have tts..........

Old 08-07-2011, 07:38 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

With all due respect to everyone here, the TTS is the single most functional tuner you can buy. Why would you want to switch?

Old 08-07-2011, 08:20 PM
2WheelGlider
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Like everyone else, why are you wanting to go with something besides TTS, it is the most competant tuning software available.

Old 08-07-2011, 11:12 PM
crackers
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As of tonight everything is installed. Stage 1 air, V&H Power Duals and of course the tune from the TTs. My friend who is the Dyno man and head wrencher at the local dealership was a little uneasy about me bringing in a new tuner but when he seen it he thought it was the old race tuner. Every thing changed when he opened the software and seen all the goodies that the Pro race tuner doesn't have.

You have to understand that there isn't any one when in 200 miles of us that knows a thing about the TTs but I guess it's time to change that

Old 08-08-2011, 06:33 AM
ezriderpgh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by crackers
As of tonight everything is installed. Stage 1 air, V&H Power Duals and of course the tune from the TTs. My friend who is the Dyno man and head wrencher at the local dealership was a little uneasy about me bringing in a new tuner but when he seen it he thought it was the old race tuner. Every thing changed when he opened the software and seen all the goodies that the Pro race tuner doesn't have.

You have to understand that there isn't any one when in 200 miles of us that knows a thing about the TTs but I guess it's time to change that
Glad things worked out, you'll ge very happy with the TTS.

Old 08-08-2011, 10:04 AM
gmc
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I recently sent my EFI Race Tuner back to TTS and for $100 (thanks to post by Jim Dawson and local tuner stating all the new features) plus shipping have a TTS Master Tune that updated all my tables, then local tuner adjusted for our elevation and bike runs cooler and great. The main reason I did it was to be able to calibrate the speedo since I changed rear sprocket to 68 tooth and was reading 8 mph fast at 80 so couldn't set cruse for 80 since it would have to be set at 89 and 85 is top setting. Speedo calibrated for 68 tooth sprocket is still fast by 2 mph but good enough without putting it on dyno to calibrate. You can also play with tires size which would bring it in closer. Anyway as others have said the TTS Master Tune offer alot optons for the tuner that the SERT didn't.

Last edited by gmc; 08-08-2011 at 10:17 AM.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:08 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

I agree that the OP should keep his existing tuner (TTS), and I would say the same if he had SEPST, PCV, PV, EMS, or T'Max. It makes no sense to change one expensive tuner for another when there isn't a clear reason to do so. As for TTS having "more functionality," the reality is that it has a good feature set, but the PCV has features TTS doesn't that might be important to some, not important to others. I can't speak for SEPST, but which is best for a given rider depends on which feature set is most attractive.

Like oil, tuners bring along baggage that for some resembles religious fervor, and like oil these devices aren't icons to be worshiped. They are tools, and there are a number of good tuners available. I would wager that if all were installed (one at a time please) on a given bike and given a proper tune or map, the rider couldn't tell the difference between them.

Last edited by iclick; 08-08-2011 at 12:12 PM.

Quick Reply: TTS and other tuners