Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

harbor freight wheel chock for an ultra

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 07:38 AM
StonerGlide
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got three of them (see pic). One is mounted to the garage floor so it is a ride up and step off and it has held the scoot up for over three years now with out a problem. Other two are dual use, one usually stays mounted to the trailer and the other I use in the driveway to pull the bike into while washing and detailing. I have the trailer setup so I can use one or two chocks (if two they are staggered) as sometimes we tow mine and a buds together, no problems with either my Ultra or his custom softy. They are of course mounted securely and we use four straps for piece of mind but could probably get away with just front two in a pinch. Paid $69.95 for first one but got other two on sale with a coupon for $39.95 each.

Old 08-06-2011, 07:43 AM
Tx_Rider
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the HF wheel chock, set up for 1 or 2 bikes. I trailered 2 bikes over 3k miles with no issues. Easy in, easy out for both a bagger and sportster.

Attached Thumbnails harbor freight wheel chock for an ultra-img_0737.jpg  
Old 08-06-2011, 12:08 PM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tx_Rider
I have the HF wheel chock, set up for 1 or 2 bikes. I trailered 2 bikes over 3k miles with no issues. Easy in, easy out for both a bagger and sportster.

I like the long floor tie down rails, great idea! Where did you find them? Your trailer looks a lot like mine with the exception of Grey painted walls, non skid floor with diamond plate down the center, LOL and my tie down station and basket are on the forward Left side of trailer. Your trailer looks good.

Old 08-06-2011, 01:32 PM
Tx_Rider
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Blockhead96

The tie down rails are E-track from etrailer.com http://etrailer.com they come in 5 ft sections.

Old 08-06-2011, 02:32 PM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks for the tip. How long is your trailer?

Old 08-06-2011, 02:42 PM
blusmbl
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the heavier duty HF chock, I've used it to haul dozens of bikes. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one in a second.

Old 08-06-2011, 02:55 PM
Gliden
Club Member
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Pingle cycle jaws

Old 08-06-2011, 03:06 PM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Gliden
Pingle cycle jaws
A nice one no doubt, especially if it's used often, otherwise, not cost effective. I don't make it a habit to buy tools at HF, especially tools when used a lot.. I buy HF tool crap that I use maybe once in a lifetime and it sits in my box for the duration.. Like the special pinion nut removal tool on an old Ford Diesel I had, like $25.00 at the time from HF, anyplace else was $99.00! The HF tool worked just fine, but still sits in my box today!

Last edited by BlockHead96; 08-06-2011 at 03:10 PM.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:15 PM
Gliden
Club Member
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by BlockHead96
A nice one no doubt, especially if it's used often, otherwise, not cost effective. I don't make it a habit to buy tools at HF, especially tools when used a lot.. I buy HF tool crap that I use maybe once in a lifetime and it sits in my box for the duration.. Like the special pinion nut removal tool on an old Ford Diesel I had, like $25.00 at the time from HF, anyplace else was $99.00! The HF tool worked just fine, but still sits in my box today!
My son comes home with a red drive up hf lift. It had a crap chock but the lift was pretty ok. The lift took his spot in the garage so every time he comes in his spot is on the lift! Lol...yea it's a sweet chock.

Old 08-06-2011, 03:34 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

I have a HF chock on my trailer. Had it now for about 7 years. Towed my GoldWing,
then my 2004 Ultra....and now my '09 Ultra.
I know what people say about Harbor Freight.....and some of their stuff sucks, but as a prvious poster mentioned..I have seen my exact chock for sale in other stores.....for three times as much.
(It's OK.....don't ask to borrow my trailer)

Chuck

Quick Reply: harbor freight wheel chock for an ultra