Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Return from the Dragon

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 06:21 AM
ChristoHD
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Smile Oh contrare monfrair

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
if you want a GREAT place to stay, Robbinsville NC. Two Wheel Inn. we stayed there in 08 for 10 days and the folks that own the place are incredible hosts. There are storage rooms in between each room with a large door that you can easily fit 2 baggers in each one.

http://www.twowheelinn.com/

really close to dragon, CSW, BRPW, Fontana Dam, Maggievalley, Smoky Mountains Nat'l Park
I have heard great things about this place, I will have to look into it, thanks!

Originally Posted by usmc3468
Ya there was "tons" of traffic in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge......... The tail was fun but I wanna go back an do other roads, the tail was over rated I thought...

Glad you had a good time.....Mine sucked

Sorry to hear USMC, what went wrong on your trip? We just had bad weather on the way down, so 2 days of clouds, cold, and some rain.

They had some car show thing going on in PF, and Gatlinburg, OMG whatta zoo! There are TONS & TONS of roads to ride, so I am looking forward to going back! I loved the tail, but there are other roads/rides just like it with less marketing. But it us nice to have pictures of yourself on your ride in full control, I must admit!

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
if I HAD to do the dragon again (which I never will), I think i'd find some place to rent a sport bike or dual-sport. This road is not for baggers unless you like riding at 5MPH
UltraNutz, I had no issue riding between 20-35 mph on my Ultra, and no FB scraping. I am sure a sport bike would make it more daring and fun, but somehow I think the risk factor increases as well. ;-)

Old 09-17-2011, 09:29 AM
monkey sammich
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by usmc3468
Big difference in the ground clearance and lean angle on a wing then on an Ultra.........

The rider just might have something to do with it, too.

Old 09-17-2011, 09:45 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Sounds alot like the Black Hills...best time to hit them is the middle of the week, early when there's no traffic.

~Joe

Old 09-17-2011, 09:50 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by traveler
Sounds alot like the Black Hills...best time to hit them is the middle of the week, early when there's no traffic.

~Joe
Worst time is anytime during the rally. Iron mountain road and the Needles Hwy can just eat bikes if you are not careful.