Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rain?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011 | 10:27 AM
Bingee
Outstanding HDF Member

Sometimes you have to. Once I had to go from Durango to Vail in heavy rain. The Million Dollar Hwy in heavy rain is something else. Lots of rocks. And then there was the time going from Yellowstone to Jackson in the rain on a recently unpaved road that was just dirt for about 40 miles. Slippery! Wet! Muddy! But sometimes ya have to.

Old 08-05-2011 | 07:25 PM
Indy Road Dog
Cruiser

No problem riding in the rain. I think if you like to ride and you let the rain hold you back, you're going to miss a lot of good saddle time. I seldom let it stop me from riding. It generally doesn't last too long. Ride through it, take your gear off and ride some more.

Old 08-05-2011 | 07:47 PM
rhlhamlet
Road Captain

In the 70's and 80's.... Hell yeah! That was MY transportation. Now... only if I get caught in it.

Old 08-05-2011 | 08:18 PM
IslandGlide
Cruiser

As long as you adjust your driving and stay (mostly) dry, ride in it! I ride with a 1/2 helmet and remove the small snap on visor and replace it with a bubble type shield, and remove my glasses for the best visibility I have found. The only pi$$ off about the rain is that the last two times I drove that had some heavy rain, my stock HD horn filled with water and was ruined--gotta find a good aftermarket one

Old 08-05-2011 | 11:02 PM
Troubleman
Tourer

No need too in California. Was riding through eastern Oregon one day, and hit a freak storm. Rode for 150 miles, by myself, of every type of precipitation God could throw at me with nowhere to stop and get out of it, and totally unprepared. Not a good day. But in hind sight, I have fond memories from that ride.

Old 08-06-2011 | 08:55 AM
nail bender
Advanced

we? i dont know about you but i cant control the weather. i dont plan to ride in the rain but if it happens it happens. my left saddlebag has rain gear in it, it usually only comes out to put it on. if you are prepared for it rain is not so bad. just need to be even more aware of the dumbass factor that us riders have to deal with anyway

Old 08-06-2011 | 09:23 AM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member

With a FF helmet and RainX on the outside of the shield and anti fog on the inside and the right gear it does not matter if it rains.

Old 08-06-2011 | 09:38 AM
jazzy jack
Road Captain

If I get caught by rain on tour, I usually ride through it. If it's raining at home before I head out, I either wait it out or take the truck.

Old 08-06-2011 | 09:59 AM
98Ultra
Road Master

For a while it seemed like I rode in the rain more than not. I don't leave on the bike in the rain just to ride but I've left in the rain plenty of times to get back home.
Been riding in the snow a few times too, glad it wasn't sticking to the road.

Now that I think about it, I haven't ridden in the rain since yesterday.

Old 08-06-2011 | 10:14 AM
cosshog
Tourer

Riders Ride.. rain or shine it is all part of riding.

Quick Reply: Rain?