Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rain?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011 | 03:33 PM
pauletich
Road Master

If I am on the road I stay out, if I was just planning a small ride I stay in.

Old 08-04-2011 | 03:34 PM
hdman
Road Captain

If its just a one day or less fun ride, will cancel if rain is on the radar.... Touring or on a
long planned trip and things to do and places to be........... RIDE CLYDE............hdman

Old 08-04-2011 | 03:34 PM
upstate tim
Road Captain

Tour baby!
If it gets to the point of being unsafe we find shelter.
Spent a few hours held-up in a hardware store. the owner was cool enough to let us hang. While we were waiting I bought all the common household stuff I needed to restock on. The least I could do. Met some real nice folks.

Old 08-04-2011 | 04:34 PM
DanDman
Road Warrior

First long trip I took. I went to the Grand Canyon , I got caught in a high desert thunderstorm. The HD dealer in Washington Utah advised me to turn and go back through Vegas. I didn't listen. Got wet, rode through snow. HAD AN ADVENTURE! That's what it's all about .

Old 08-04-2011 | 04:41 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member

I don't let rain hold up a road trip. If it's just a daily ride here or there I rarely ride in the rain unless I'm stuck someplace and I have to. A planned vacation/road trip I roll with it and go.

Old 08-04-2011 | 04:56 PM
ATC2
Cruiser

it's part of the package, you don't plan for it you just deal with it.
Besides how can you get experience for when you get caught in the rain if you have never done it?
It will make you a little uneasy the first time you ride in the rain but as time goes by you'll realize it's not that bad.
Not trying to understate that a wet road is always riskier than a dry one but you will be more cautious also. You would not believe the crappy weather many of us have ridden in.

Old 08-04-2011 | 05:06 PM
Woodchuck
Road Master

We tour rain or shine.

Years ago, we toured Nova Scotia in the rain with two other couples. We took a ferry to Yarmouth and it was raining when we docked. A hurricane was churning up a storm east of the Maritimes. It rained hard all week with some wind but no gales. We suited up in rain gear each morning and rode. Because it was raining the whole day, every day, there was no indecision about to put it on or not. I'll never forget the furry of the waves crashing on shore at Peggy's Cove.

We've toured many miles since. Which ride do we the fondest memories of? The Nova Scotia "Hurricane Tour".

Old 08-04-2011 | 05:31 PM
FLUltrarider
Road Warrior

If your touring and it rains I make a call. If it's just normal summer rainstorms we ride. If it's a full-blown monsoon frog choker we either wait, or pull over, and let it pass.

Old 08-04-2011 | 05:32 PM
dansflhti
Outstanding HDF Member

It seems as though we have done a lot of touring in the rain.You don't have much choice if you are on the road 1000 miles from home.But I hate leaving on a trip and I gotta put on my rain gear when I leave the house on the first morning.

Old 08-04-2011 | 05:40 PM
J.A.M.
Novice

Two weeks ago after 360 miles in 96 degree heat I was praying for rain. If I am touring I expect rain. If it gets too dangerous I will stop until the weather passes.

Quick Reply: Rain?