Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vance & Hines twin slash slip ons

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 11:36 PM
2004Sierra
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the Twin Slash Rounds with Dresser Duals on my Road King and they are just what I wanted soundwise.

They are very tolerable cruising, you can here them but they are far from being too loud. Twist the throttle and you get that classic, throaty Harley sound. I really like them.

I get compliments on the sound of them quite often.

Old 08-06-2011, 09:17 AM
Ganno57
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the twin slash rounds on my 11 SG, stock headpipe with the cat removed. Good sounding mufflers that are not loud. If you run any 2-1-2 headpipe they will be quieter than running true duals. That is because each engine pulse comes out of both mufflers. Less volume, less noise.

Old 08-06-2011, 09:27 AM
campos
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlackeyCoveR
Campos, I am thinking about the rounds and like what you said. Are you running stock headers?
Yes I am still running the stock head pipe. I still have to get the stage one air cleaner and download. I understand that will cool the right side down a bit. We'll see. I also understand that as soon as you remove the head pipe that voids any warranty work on your motor. Not sure if that's true or not.
If the air cleaner and download doesn't cool the bike down at all I may end up going with the Vance and Hines Power Duals, but for now I am extremely happy!

Old 08-06-2011, 09:57 AM
jazzy jack
Road Captain

they sound great, a little loud maybe but...

Old 08-06-2011, 10:15 AM
reh13
Road Master

Had the Python slash cuts (which I understand are made by V&H), along with V&H head pipes on an 06 street glide, with what's called the 'hippo' build a few years ago. One of the best sounding bikes I've ever heard, especially at idle.

Old 08-06-2011, 10:51 AM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member
Received 264 Likes on 131 Posts

Sound is real subjective. I heard some things that I didn't like at all, and there were a few people here who loved them. Better go to bike night, or to a dealer on a nice Saturday morning, and hear a few things before you spend the money on something you don't like. I've seen a few people here who loved the V&H Monster Ovals. I didn't like them at all. Glad I heard some before I bought.

Old 08-06-2011, 11:27 AM
vickers1
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by reh13
Had the Python slash cuts (which I understand are made by V&H), along with V&H head pipes on an 06 street glide, with what's called the 'hippo' build a few years ago. One of the best sounding bikes I've ever heard, especially at idle.
+1 on the Pythons. This is the 2nd bike I've put them on.

Old 08-07-2011, 02:24 AM
BlackFLHR
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 18 Posts

I purchased the V&H Twin Slash rounds when they first came out. Right off the bat, they were too loud for me. So I purchased the quiet baffles. They helped some, but were still too loud for me on decel. So I sold them and bought the HD Screamin' Eagle slip ons. They sounded just perfect for me (very very slightly louder than stock).

Last weekend I removed the cat from my headpipe. That increased the sound level of the Screamin' Eagle slip ons. Certainly not loud, but a little louder than I prefer nontheless.

I would probably be better off with the stock mufflers, but I don't want to go back to a chocked muffler with my stage 1.

Old 08-07-2011, 07:51 AM
vtwinbob
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Geezr Glidr
Sound is real subjective. I heard some things that I didn't like at all, and there were a few people here who loved them. Better go to bike night, or to a dealer on a nice Saturday morning, and hear a few things before you spend the money on something you don't like. I've seen a few people here who loved the V&H Monster Ovals. I didn't like them at all. Glad I heard some before I bought.

+1 on that, that's what made me decide on the supertrapp 4" stouts i have now, i was behind a guy on a benefit run with them on, and that's all i needed to hear. it was the sound i was looking for.

Old 08-07-2011, 07:59 AM
stewy1200c
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I've got them twin slash rounds. I removed the cat and love the sound.

Quick Reply: Vance & Hines twin slash slip ons