Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do Wild Ones 577's have plenty of pullback?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 12:45 AM
C908
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Do Wild Ones 577's have plenty of pullback?

I'm planning on ordering Wild One's 577's tomorrow. The one thing I keep wondering is if they have plenty of pullback. According to the specs they have 11' where most other brands have less. I noticed Cycle Smiths just have 8 1/2' of pullback. It seems like all the pictures I've seen the 577's look like they are rolled forward.My whole reason for getting them is because the stock bars feel to far away and to low giving me that burning sensation in the base of the neck.Anybody about 5'7 with a 30' inseam and 34' sleeve length using the 577's? Sure would like to hear from someone before I drop a bunch of money. Thanks.

Old 08-04-2011, 05:24 AM
popeye0416
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default have them on SG

I have them on 2010SG and love them. I am 5.6 and they feel great , as for pullback you can setup them up however you want when you install them. So on the bike when mounting and position them whats copmfortabke for you, I think you'll be satisfied. Use poly bushings if you can as well that's help to stop any moving of the bars, good luck.

Old 08-04-2011, 05:33 AM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

People seem to have different definitions of "pull back". Most manufacturers measure from the upright part to the end of the grip (if you lay the bars on a table with the grips point up into the air, it would be the distance from the table top to the tip of the grip). That gives you the angle of the bars and that is about all.

The other way is to measure how far back you can lean the bars before the angle of the grip is too much. This is what you are trying to figure out.

I've asked the same question but never got an answer. I personally do not want the bars at a steep angle where my wrists are turned to the outside. The more pullback as measured the way you mentioned the more your wrist will be turned to the outside, not a good thing, so in my case I want just a little pullback so my wrists are straight, more like holding a broom handle in both hands across the body verses holding a broom in each hand with the brooms point forward.

I don't know how well that describes the difference, but the term pullback is deceptive. If you get bars with a lot of pullback by the time you lean them close enough to you so you don't have to lean forward, the hand grip part will be pointing up and down and not so much out to the sides.

I want bars I can lean way back towards me and still have the grip part going side to side as if holding that broom up in front of me with both hands. Which bars do that? I don't know, but I'm thinking they need to be about 14".

So I think what we are both looking for are bars with very little pullback so we can lean them back closer to us.

Last edited by jjnoble; 08-04-2011 at 05:48 AM.