Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sirius XM raising rates

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 05:20 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I've had Satellite since '05 but won't keep it if it keeps going up and up. I only listen to about 3 channels anyways. And lately the sound of my motor is music to my ears and I dont even bother with my iPod anymore.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:11 PM
Black_Hog
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I had Sirius for a long time. I dumped them because they could never get my account correct. Every time I renewed it took me months to get the account corrected. I used the Sirius head for my truck and motorcycle. I made my motorcycle mount using about four different kits, RAM mount and custom parts I made. The truck kit was the normal kit that came with the radio.

I haven’t had Sirius for two years now. I miss the oldies songs but the hassle wasn’t worth it.

I wanta get a RAM mount for my Droid and listen to Pandora. I have an actual unlimited data plan.

Old 08-03-2011, 09:43 PM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

To those who complain that sat radio stations play the same short list... expand beyond the station you listen to.

That being said, I am almost always on channel 23 and can ride for 1,000 miles in a day and not hear the same track twice. Granted, I may hear the same song a couple of times, but it will be a different recording (live vs. studio, etc.).

While I really like Pandora, and use it at work and at home, I don't like the music they add in to stations I create. And, some stations have a really short playlist. Within a 400 mile ride I can hear the exact same song 3x. WTF?

To each their own... I'm keepin' sat radio on my scoot.

Old 08-04-2011, 12:31 AM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

XM/Sirius is not a good company. BBB rating is "F" for their business practices.

I have never had a subscription past the trial period but at least 10 of my cars since 06 have had the radios in them. I hope they go bankrupt so that I don't have to have the cost of the radio and antennae built into the base cost of the car.

They have lost money from the start up. Maybe this increase with be the nail in their coffin.

Old 08-04-2011, 05:43 AM
jeff137
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We've had at least 2 XM radio's for as long as I can remember. I'm reconsidering it lately though.

First strike was a few months back when my XM online stopped working. I called them and they said you have to pay extra. My original agreement was 2 radios and online service free. They said they decided to change all accounts so online costs extra. Nice!

Strike number 2 was the changes in holiday stations. I admit my wife and I LOVE to listen to Christmas music. XM used to have a TON of stations playing nothing but Christmas music from November 1 until January 1. Every November 1 there would be all these new stations to listen to. Now they replace existing channels and it's only like 3 Christmas and 1 Hanukkah.

Next strike was the merge with sirius and the change in channel line-up. Has anyone noticed how many FM channels are on there now? Why are we paying for service just to have them broadcast an FM channel that everyone can hear for free???

Both of the cars and the Harley have the ability to play iPod. My verizon crackberry contract is up in November. New iPhone 5 is coming out soon. Sounds like that all adds up to AT&T iPhone 5's to replace crackberry and XM at the same time...

(Don't even get me started on verizon... they're the devil as the waterboy would say.)

Last edited by jeff137; 08-04-2011 at 05:45 AM.