Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intercom Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 09:35 PM
Vegas FLTRI
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Intercom Question

I installed the intercom kit on my 06 roadglide and am having the following problem.

It seems that the microphone level is way to low,it is not loud enough to open the VOX unless i set VOX to full open nothing below. the push to talk works regardless of where the VOX is set. The music volume level is set very low and we are able to hear it fine but we have to run the intercom level full or we can't hear the each other. Is there a way to adjust the Mic volume?
thanks.

Old 11-11-2006, 10:52 PM
goodbirds
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default RE: Intercom Question

Two things come to mind: one, you can adjust the intercom volume during the setup function, the same as music and CB. Second, check to be sure the mic is turned toward your mouth. The head has a screen over the pickup element and is very directional. If it is turned away from your mouth, you will experience a very low volume of sound. That would affect the Vox function as well. Ours usually is set about 10 to operate okay while riding. We actually prefer the PTT over the Vox. Music is still audible but greatly reduced while using the intercom.

It is a great feature. Use it all the time when two up.[8D]

Old 11-12-2006, 04:28 AM
Vegas FLTRI
Tourer

ORIGINAL: goodbirds

Two things come to mind: one, you can adjust the intercom volume during the setup function, the same as music and CB. Second, check to be sure the mic is turned toward your mouth. The head has a screen over the pickup element and is very directional. If it is turned away from your mouth, you will experience a very low volume of sound. That would affect the Vox function as well. Ours usually is set about 10 to operate okay while riding. We actually prefer the PTT over the Vox. Music is still audible but greatly reduced while using the intercom.

It is a great feature. Use it all the time when two up.[8D]
I have adjusted the volume in the setup mode, and the mic is facing the proper way. the music lowers when the PTT is engaged but the microphone level is extreamly low. I will take it to the stealer and see what they have to say about it.
Thanks

Old 11-12-2006, 03:01 PM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

not sure if this is a comparision or not - I went with "autocom" for my bike... we wear full face helmets and at first we had the same problems you are talking about... after working with autocom - we found the ear pieces were not centered over our ears and the mics had to be "kissably close" meaning close enought to push your lips out and touch the mic... after we did those things.... it works very nice...

Old 11-12-2006, 07:05 PM
Vegas FLTRI
Tourer

found that the problem with the mic was isolated to the rider, passenger mic worked fine. I tore it apart this morning and started trouble shooting, I thought that maybe I got some wiring mixed up when I installed it. after checking the connectors and seeing that i had wired it properly I started ring out wires to see if there was a break or maybe short. what i found was the the molded plug at the dash panel was wired improperly from the factory. mic wires were reversed. as this is a moulded plug i flipped them at the connecter in the fairing and now everything is working as it should. the molded plug must have been made on a monday! thanks to those who chimed in.